Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A few thoughts on Thirty...

I turned Thirty. :)

I kinda still can't believe it.
It was a really good day.  I was well taken care of by so many dear friends.  

I've had a lot of people ask me how it feels to be thirty.  I think the common answer for most people is to stay twenty nine forever.  Not me.  I am so excited to be Thirty! Here is why... 

I have been waiting forever to turn Thirty.  Finally, I feel like I have sustenance to help me through things.  I have past experience to learn from.  No one wants advice from a twenty year old, but thirty - Hey, hey!  Thirty has always seemed so wise, so ready to take on the world.  This is my prime.  I can finally give advice.  "Thirty, flirty, and thriving..."  right? :)  

OK...So, really, I should probably never give advice.  I feel like the older I get the more I need/want/yearn to learn more and to know more.  The hardest thought about turning thirty and celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary this year is realizing how fast it goes.  Thirty years of good memories have flown by and the last ten years have seemed like one.  Ten more years and I will have an almost seventeen year old!

I won't get ahead of myself.  For now, I am going to love and enjoy every minute of my thirties.  These are really the moments that mean the most with my children being little and being in the thick of it.  I am so excited to continue this adventure and watch these little personalities grow and develop.  I just hope I do them well.  I hope I teach them, that I set an example for them, and that I listen to them when they talk.  I want so much for them. I want it to be a happy life full of lots of happy memories.

Having JC gone has given me a lot of time to think about things.  A lot of time...  We have grown even closer through this experience and I feel like even though the boys don't give him much of their time on the phone, when he gets home they will be closer as well.  We have said things that otherwise might not have been said.  We have always had a very open and honest relationship.  We both like to talk and we don't hold back, but I feel like even though we have always shared a lot we get to dig a little deeper and share more.  I can't imagine loving him more. 

I am so thankful I get eternity with JC and that I get at least another thirty years with him here beside me.  There are so many good things to look forward to.  Why stay twenty nine?  I am embracing the future and so excited to get older everyday.

“It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.” -Gabriel Garcia Marquez


I have many many more dreams to pursue. 

No comments: