Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fathers Day Weekend

Life has been a bit crazy for us lately.  It has given us a few challenges and lots of time to think, ponder, and pray.  It is amazing how a few small decisions can or would change your life.  You can feel so right about something and feel like everything is falling perfectly into place.  The decision that could change everything hinders on one person and that person's decision changes the course of possibly your entire life... The decision goes against everything you have felt is right and what you have felt you should do.  BUT, the decision has been made and you have absolutely no control and you can't change the outcome...

Regardless, WE have learned so much and I am sure will learn many many more things as we are tried here on earth.  One thing I have learned is our Heavenly Fathers timeline is not the same as ours.  Just because it feels so right it doesn't mean it won't happen.  It just won't happen at this moment.  There are pros and cons to every decision.  Even when we feel our weakest or may be in a dark moment our Heavenly Father still hears us and is there.  He knows our anguish.  He has been there and has felt what we have felt.  He knows our thoughts for the future, wants for our children, and what we need at this moment.  I know that no matter what happens in this life I will always have him to turn to.  My testimony is not shaken.

I know that may leave some of you with a lot of questions.  And really, when you look at it, it isn't a big thing.  In fact you would just think we were crazy if I told you.  It is just something significant to us and our family.  We are ok. :)


That said we have found a lot of comfort from this place lately.

 photo IMG_4130-1copy.jpg

I realized that as many times as we have been to the Temple.  We have never taken any pictures of our children at the Temple.  I want them to remember this place.  I want them to remember Friday nights at the church house next door playing with all the other children in the ward while their parents were attending the Temple.  I want them to remember the car rides (an hour and a half each way) to the Temple.  I want them to remember picnic dinners or quick dinners (sometimes with the Youth or friends) after the Temple.  I want them to know how much their parents love this place.  I want them to love it and to know what a special place it is, because it truly is.


 photo IMG_4158-1copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4166-1copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4160-1copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4145-1copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4138-1copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4102copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4106copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4107copy.jpg

This is the only picture I have of Kamden... (next time!) He was off running the hills around the Temple and would not hold still.

 photo IMG_4114copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4120copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4121copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4124copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4152copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4150-1copy.jpg

So very grateful for the peace and happiness we feel when we attend the Temple.

---

We love this Dad of ours and are so grateful we get to call him our own.  He is such a great guy.  We certainly got lucky in the Dad department.

 photo IMG_4168-1copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4172-1copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4173-1copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4174-1copy.jpg

Back in March JC grew a mustache... for the whole month.  He and some guys in our ward referred to it as "Mustache March" and it was glorious... (his words not mine).  I pretty much hate any and all facial hair.  Anyhow, when I saw these stick on mustache's I knew we had to sport them for Father's Day.  It was glorious. ;)

And, because Nolan was asleep when we sported them, here is what he thought of it...

 photo IMG_4182-1copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4185-1copy.jpg

 photo IMG_4188-1copy.jpg

My words exactly.

1 comment:

Lee Family said...

I love all the Temple pictures. Your family is so cute!!!