Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Six going on Sixteen...

Zenock turned SIX on April 1st.  We are so happy to have him in our family.  He is learning and growing like crazy.  He lost his 2nd tooth last night.  He reads everything he sees.  At the dinner table he is constantly reading the labels on condiments and anything with words on it.  He is super smart.  I am amazed at the words he can read.  He has been super busy with t-ball lately.  We don't have much time for anything else.  Zenock is a sweetheart; six going on sixteen.  He knows more than he should at times and is a genius on knowing how to drive us crazy. :)  Good thing we love him.

 photo IMG_3701-1copy.jpg

Kamden guarded/watched over Zenock's presents all day.  (I watched over Kamden all day.  Whenever I left the room he would try and open one.)  He is such a faithful good brother to Zenock.

 photo IMG_3708-2copy.jpg

Zenock's bike was getting a bit small.  He got a new one with some growing room.  He got lots of spy stuff, Lego's and a bug playground from Grandma and Grandpa Reeder, a lock-box (to lock all his treasures away), new clothes for Summer, and a gift card from his Grandpa and Grandma Larson.  Kamden also got a new scooter that the Easter Bunny forgot to give him, (on purpose so that his brother could get a bike for his Birthday and the two wouldn't argue). 

 photo IMG_3709-3copy.jpg

 photo IMG_3726-8copy.jpg

 photo IMG_3728-9copy.jpg

I was pretty darn proud of my cake for Zenock.  I made a chocolate fudge cake from scratch and then covered it with peanut butter frosting.  It was really, really good... really good. :)  If only we weren't trying to watch our weight around here... I ended up throwing half of it away.  I am looking forward to the day when I have three teenage sons who will eat everything in sight and leave me with nothing to be tempted by. :)

 photo IMG_3738-10copy.jpg

 photo IMG_3743-11copy.jpg

 photo IMG_3749-12copy.jpg

 photo IMG_3752-12copy.jpg

Zenock had a busy day.  I got to go to lunch with him at school.  We got to sit at a special table with him and three friends of his choice.  It was so fun to have a moment inside his world.  His friends teased him about his crush and they talked about playing Ninjas at recess.  I took cupcakes into his class and about got mauled with hugs from 20 Kindergarteners.  It was so fun to be there with him for his special day.  He had t-ball practice later that day and we ended the day with Birthday cake and Happy Birthdays.  I loved celebrating my special SIX year old.  Happy Birthday Zenock!  We sure love you, your personality, and all that you teach us as your parents.  We love watching you grow up!

No comments: