Saturday, December 8, 2012

Nolan's Blessing

We blessed our sweet little Nolan the Sunday after Thanksgiving (the 25th).  It is the first time we haven't blessed a baby in Utah and made it a big day and a big deal.  It was kind of sad for me to not do so...  As much as I love my sweet home Alabama, I would love my family to be next door.

We were happy that JC's parents were in town for Thanksgiving and were able to be at the blessing and help bless Nolan. =)

JC gave him a perfect little blessing.  He blessed him that he would have a strong testimony and spirit and that he would grow to know and love his Savior.  He blessed him that he would be able to make friends easily and set an example for others.  He also blessed him that he would be his brothers best friend.

That last one makes me smile...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our attempt at a family picture...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love this sweet baby boy of mine.  His eyes make me melt and his little oohs and aahhs make my heart skip a beat.  I'm in love with him and so grateful that he is mine.  He is getting sweeter every day.

Photobucket

Photobucket
November was a huge month for me and I am so glad it is over.  I don't even remember sitting down... I could barely think straight still not having gained my full mental state of mind back after having Nolan.  I had a million things on my list that had to be done by certain deadlines and even though I kept making list after list on my phone I still had things slide through the cracks... big things, like finding the perfect blessing outfit.  

My wonderful amazing Mom must have been inspired, because right after Nolan was born she sent me his cute light blue outfit... size 3-6 months.  It looked huge next to my newborn and I hung it in the closet.  The weekend before Nolan was blessed I started to panic because I didn't have anything for him to be blessed in.  I went to his closet and found his little outfit hanging there.  I tried it on him and it fit almost perfectly.  

My Mom is also amazingly talented and made his cute little shoes and blanket.  (I love her so much.)  It was special to me that even though her and my Dad couldn't be there (they wanted to so badly, but the timing didn't work out), that they were still a BIG part of my Nolan's blessing.

We love you Nolan.  You are loved by so many. =)




No comments: