Thursday, August 23, 2012

Kindergarten

Zenock's first day of Kindergarten was a great one!

He woke up super excited, he got dressed and ready in his new school clothes and shoes.  He has been so excited to wear them and has worn them around the house for the last week or so... just to break them in. =) We then took some pictures for Dad (who is enjoying the weather, the beach outside his door, and a few meetings here and there in San Diego this week).
(I'm pretty sure I'm the one who needs the vacation...)

 We got to school early so that I could walk Zenock inside....  Normally, I am telling him to keep up and quit walking so far behind me.  On the way into the school I could not keep up with him.  He found his locker, his seat, and was ready for school.  He couldn't even look at me to say "Bye Mom."  

No I didn't cry.  I thought about it as I walked back down the hall and passed other Mom's who were crying, but I didn't.  In all honesty, I was just as excited as Zenock.  I was so excited for him and couldn't wait to pick him up and hear all about his day.


Zenock came home from school even more excited than when I dropped him off.  When I asked him if he missed me, he said... "Not at all.  I'm big now, Mom. You will just have to deal with it."

When I asked him how his day went, he told me, "Great!"  Then went on for the next five minutes with out taking a breath about all the fun things they did; the nap he took - and actually fell asleep, the hamburger he ate with ketchup, (which was so yummy) recess, gym, new friends, etc, etc.  I'm LOVING his teacher already.  She is a miracle worker.  Zenock refuses to even lay down to rest at home and has never in his life eaten a hamburger... flat out refuses and won't touch ketchup with a ten foot pole.  

This morning when I dropped Zenock off he gave me a big hug and kiss, gave Kamden a big hug, and told Kamden he needed to be big and to take care of Mom while he was at school.

It was so super sweet. =)

School is definitely a good thing for my little Zenock.  It is going to be such a great year.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

I'm just lucky, I get to have the sweetest, cutest little partner with me at home while Zenock is gone.  They do not come sweeter than Kamden.  He plays with his cars, squinkies, and balls all day long and gives me plenty of kisses and hugs.  He melts my heart every time I hear him say, "Mommy."

This morning we had the oil changed in my car and while we were waiting (for over an hour) he zoomed his Mater and McQueen around the waiting room saying, "Kachow!"  He then pretended to be a dinosaur, trying to scare me.  Afterwards, we went to TJ Maxx where he wouldn't sit down and just wanted to stand up.  He kept giving me hugs and saying, "Oh, Mommy!" over and over.  It was pretty much adorable.  I can't get enough of him.  I am one lucky Mama to have TWO amazing little boys.

While Zenock was at school we made some cookies for an after school cookie chat.  Since before Zenock was born I dreamed of the day my kids would go to school and having fresh warm cookies for them when they got home from school and learning all about what they did.  So excited to do this through out the year and for many years to come. =)

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Side note:  Have I mentioned how much Kamden likes cookies?  That is a trait that comes from my side/the Reeder side for sure.  When he sees a cookie or knows that one is coming when we get one at the Grocery store or Target he starts to sound like Cookie Monster and will start to say "cookie, cookie, cookie" over and over again in a deep voice.  Pretty sure all the bakery ladies (and one guy?) love him and know when he is coming.

Photobucket

Now it is all about repeating the process and making sure every day is just as much fun as the first! =)

3 comments:

Lee Family said...

I'm so glad Zenock loves school and that he has a great teacher. Hope he has an awesome school year.

*karen* said...

I've probably said it once before, but you have the cutest boys ever! I just love little boys, I so can't wait for my own! Its so fun to read all about them and it makes me excited to be a momma! I've day-dreamed about making cookies for my babies too :) So happy that Zenock loved kindergarten!

Annie said...

very cute! love that he loves school so much, and how nice for you! such cute boys you have!