Saturday, August 4, 2012

24th of July

People in our lovely state of Alabama think we are quite crazy when we celebrate the 24th of July.  To them we are celebrating a random day in July.  I'm pretty sure we get crazy looks when we send our kids out on the driveway with sparklers that we have saved from the 4th.

Since the 24th was during the week we celebrated on Saturday.  We had a great time with friends swimming, water fights, eating yummy food, playing games, going on bike rides, watching fireworks, and completely wearing our kids out.  We are so lucky to have "family" close by. =)

The Dads decided to fill up the little swimming pool with hot water... turning it into their own little hot tub.  The boys loved it and just sat and lounged in the water.  I'm still trying to understand the concept of a hot tub on a 95 degree day with 90 percent humidity...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I know I am always posting a lot of the same pictures of Kamden.  I just think this age is so cute.  It is possibly my favorite.  They are so cute and sweet and still have a little of that babyness in them.  I can't get enough of it and want to capture every second before it goes away.  They change and grow so quickly.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


After driving 1800 plus miles this Summer one way and over some of the same ground that my pioneer ancestors walked, I have a new respect for what they did.  For what all Pioneers did and how they lived their lives.  I can't imagine spending a day in their shoes.  They definitely deserve a day to be celebrated and remembered. 

No comments: