Saturday, May 19, 2012

Preschool Graduation

Zenock graduated from preschool on May 10th.

We started preschool with eight little boys and one girl... and ended with just five little boys.  Now that all the prep work on my part is over and I've put in my last day, I can say I really enjoyed being there with Zenock and watching him learn and socialize.  I think it is so important for a parent to be involved with their child's school.  I've learned so much from just watching Zenock interact with his teacher and friends.  

Home school is huge here in Alabama and it seems like everywhere I go there is another conversation about home school.  I have a lot of respect for Moms who do home school and put that much time in with their child... I won't go into it more, because I definitely have my opinions about home school and others have their opinions about public school.  Pros and cons to both sides. :)  BUT, back to preschool, I've learned that my little Zenock is a very social person.  He loves friends, learns from friends, and can make friends wherever he goes.  He needs them in his life.  Socialization helps him to learn.  I also know that he does not like when I teach him things.  He does so much better when someone else teaches him.  Tonight we laid in bed for twenty minutes and went over sight words... 
Oh my goodness, we would never make it through a day of home school! :)  

I love my little Zenock and I have enjoyed the past two years, but I am so excited to see all that he is going to learn and enjoy while going to Kindergarten next year.  I really think he is going to thrive in the environment.

Photobucket

We let the kids play a little bit before the ceremonies started.  I love the games and imaginations of these little boys.  It is hilarious to watch.  One of their favorite games to play is "Tornadoes."  The tornado comes and you have to try and escape it or it kills you and you have to be brought back to life... yes, really.  That's the imagination you get when you live in Alabama!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Kamden loves preschool too.  He hated the days when it wasn't my turn to stay.  It was always fun to go after and sit and watch the boys play and let Kamden play also.  As soon as he could walk, he staked his claim on a little red car.  It was pretty much his the rest of the year and the boys were well aware of it.

Photobucket

He has grown so much this year.  Last year he couldn't even stand up and sing... this year he belted out his songs.  I love his hands in his pockets.  Normally, I would dress my child up a bit more for an occasion such as this, but both of my boys weren't feeling well and we decided comfy was best.

Photobucket

Kamden is big into prayers right now and thought it was prayer time.

Photobucket

Zenock and Miss Jessica.  We just LOVE, love, LOVE her!  She is awesome and we wish we could give back to her what she has done for us and Zenock. :)

Photobucket

Yeah for Graduation!!!

Photobucket


Photobucket

More play time.  In reality, this is really how I think they were both feeling...

Photobucket

It was so fun to have Aunt Emily part of graduation.  It made things extra special for Zenock.


Photobucket

Preschool Graduation... May 10th, 2012

Photobucket

Possibly my favorite picture ever of these two...

We are so proud of you Zennie Bug. :)  You are going to be great in Kindergarten!  Love YOU!

1 comment:

Traylor Family said...

I have my opinions about homeschooling too.... I'm totally eating my words now though. Lucas is zoned for a HORRIBLE school. (Like one of the ten WORST in the state) Needless to say, he will NOT be attending. He is much to smart for that. Someone told us abut this program called K12...it's online. Not every state has it, but we're trying it out this year. It's not my favorite option, but it beats Jeremy's idea of moving. (He graduates in May...I'm NOT moving AGAIN for less than a year..no thank you!)