Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a fabulous weekend. =)

I can say that because after a long nine days of JC being gone he returned home on Thursday and didn't have to go back to work until Tuesday... It was great!!!  Just having him home made our weekend extra special and so much fun.

Friday we ran errands, caught up on sleep (I don't sleep when JC isn't home), and went to the movies.  We saw Mirror Mirror... not what I had hoped it would be.  Not good... at all.

Saturday we promised Zenock a trip to the Rocket Ship museum... I laugh and say that the moment I walk through the door I am yawning and bored beyond belief.  For some reason though, my boys love it.  Kamden loves when we drive past the big rocket ships on the freeway and pretends to blast off.  They had a new exhibit just open, "Mammoths and Mastadons" and it had lots of fun things to see.  So we went.

Later that evening we headed out to the Alabama Jubilee with some friends.
It included a Hot Air Balloon festival, Arts/Crafts show, Antique Car Show (which we never made it to), and lots of good (heart burn for the pregnant lady) type of food.

All we really ended up seeing/enjoying were the Hot Air Balloons.  When we got there there was one balloon up and they were blowing up a 2nd.  Soon, we were surrounded by at least 50 hot air balloons.  It was so fun and interesting to watch.  My little Kamden loves balloons and all we heard was, "Ba-oon! and Cool!"  He was so excited.  It was a HOT, hot, humid, hot evening, but it was lots of fun.

As awesome as it was to watch, I would never in my life get in a little wicker basket and go for a ride. =)
You couldn't pay me enough...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It is so cute to watch these two as they get older.  They are such good friends... they tease each other like no other, can wrestle and pin one another, talk the other one into doing something, and have some serious deep "adult like" conversations.  It was cute watching Mason teach Zenock how to use his camera.  Life is definitely more fun with Mason and his family around.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After it got dark, they would count down and light up all the balloons at once.

Photobucket

---

Photobucket

We celebrated Memorial Day with friends, a bbq, slip n' slide, and  little water fight.  I thought I was safe from getting wet... holding a camera, taking pictures, and enjoying watching little boys stick together and squirt their Dads, but apparently five year olds have a different view and I ended up soaked.  Needless to say, the camera got put away real quick and I didn't get too many pictures.


No comments: