Sunday, April 22, 2012

Random April

I have so many little things to post about, but don't have the time or the energy to post them into little separate posts... So we will make this a big/long update/pictures downloaded from my phone kind of post. =)

A lot of the pictures from my phone are of Kamden.  I think both my boys are pretty darn cute and I love them both the same, but only one of them will let me take a picture.  
(Just as a reference for my Zenock in the future when he asks why there are never any pictures of him.)

---

We will start at the beginning of April... The day after Zenock turned five, both of my boys had appointments.  Zenock for his 5 year check-up and Kamden for his 18 month check-up.

Zenock's stats:
 Height:  41 3/4 inches
Weight: 34.9 lbs

Kamden's stats:
30 3/4 inches (25 percentile)
21.8 lbs (50th percentile)

They are getting too big and growing daily.  Kamden picks up new words daily, this week we heard "tub time" and "Dodgers."  We uploaded a few new videos to youtube, you can view them here.  Just normal/everyday stuff with my boys. =)

---

A little update on Zenock's T-Ball...  They are doing AWESOME.  They have only lost one game so far.  They played the number one team (out of 13 teams).  The kids on the team are mostly six year olds and have all played together for at least a season.  They also had already hit 14 home runs this season by the time we played them.  Zenock's team was ahead the entire game and ended up losing by ONE POINT in the final inning.  The cutest part of the whole game was when our Coach was talking to the team at the end and was saying how it doesn't matter if you when or lose, we all did our best.  One of the boys raised his hand and asked the coach, "What does LOSE mean?"  The parents all cracked up.  It was adorable to see how innocent they all are and that at this age they really don't care if they are winning or losing it is just fun to get out there and play hard. =)

Thursday we played the number 2 team and beat them by ONE POINT in the last inning.  It was a VERY intense game.  I need to record how crazy the fans (parents) get during these games.  Holy MOLY!  We needed to get three outs and were able to get 4 up to bat and 3 out.  Our pitcher caught a line drive for the 3rd out... everyone went crazy.  You can only score 6 runs in an inning and we needed five to tie the game and six to win.  We had bases loaded and two outs and our first baseman hit a homerun to win the game.  

Seriously, My heart should not be pumping that hard and fast for a T-Ball game!!!

We love spending our evenings at the ball park and are so proud of our Zenock.  He has improved and learned so much just since the beginning of this season.  Practice pays off people. =)  We love it even better when it is warm enough to get a snow cone.  JC, Kamden, and I could each eat at least three during a game.  They are so good!

---


Photobucket

Playing dress up with my boys.

Photobucket

Kamden has one show and only one show that he will watch.  When he watches he is glued to the tv... Old McDonald by Baby Einstein.

Photobucket

He loves playing in my cupboards while I get ready for the day.  He especially loves wearing all the headbands.  Who needs a girl when your son can look this cute wearing a headband. =)

Photobucket

Kamden is a late sleeper... Zenock and I are usually already awake and mostly ready when he gets up.  Kamden has to have his bottle of milk, his blanket, and lays on the pillow to drink his bottle every morning.  If his routine gets disturbed he gets pretty fussy throughout the morning.  (One reason I haven't given up his morning bottle.)

Photobucket

Kamden always crosses his legs when he sits in his high chair (or when he sleeps).  It is one of my favorite things he does.

Photobucket

"Pop, Pops" during "Tub time" are one of Kamden's favorite things after playing outside.

Photobucket

Zenock loves transformers.  After spending a good seven hours at the car dealership, Zenock got to see the "real bumblebee."

Photobucket

Our newest family member... A family sized car. =)  It's taken me a bit of adjusting to driving a big car...  Let's just say, I park a mile away at the store, because I am afraid of hitting someone or something.  JC on the other hand is practicing his hand at squeezing into the tiniest of spaces.  We are both loving the extra room and are excited for our road trip to Utah this Summer.

This could also account for our Anniversary present.  (Who needs a trip to Hawaii anyway?!?)  We bought the car on Saturday and celebrated our EIGHT year Anniversary on Monday.  After feeling pretty much broke we celebrated with a lunch date at Phil Sandoval's Mexican restaurant. (Finally, a decent Mexican restaurant here... trust me, we've searched!)


Photobucket

Kamden lounging in a basket watching a ball game.

Photobucket

I took my little boys on a lunch date/picnic to the park during Spring Break.  Nothing big, just a fun little memory.  We don't have any parks close to us and have to drive a bit to get there, so we don't go very often.

Photobucket 

We spent Friday evening with friends eating Village Inn pizza (best pizza... possibly ever!), playing a family/friendly game of T-ball, (the kind where every bone in my body hurts the next day, because I am A: completely out of shape and B: laughing way too hard), hunting for frogs, playing outside, Otter pops, and ending the night with popcorn and a movie. 
The best way to spend a Friday night. =)

So grateful for good friends that share their popcorn and amazing T-ball skills with us...


AND, that has been April... so far.

2 comments:

thejess's said...

So fun seeing all these updates!! Love your car!:) can't wait to see you guys when you come to Utah on your road trip!!:)

Logan said...

I love the tball stories! I ate at Phil Sandovals when I was out there and it was great! Congrats on 8yrs anniversary!