Monday, March 26, 2012

T-ball, St. Pattys, and Dodgers!

The only good thing that comes from not blogging is I can say it will save me money at the end of the year.  Instead of $150 to print my book, I might be able to keep the cost under $100. =)  
Other than that... it just means I'm way behind.

---
St. Patty's Day was fun this year.  Zenock was dead set on setting a trap and catching a Leprechaun... he talked about it for days and practiced his hand at trap setting before he and JC finally were able to set the perfect trap.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love his imagination and enthusiasm for life.  I can't wait for Kamden to join in and watch their minds work together!  No Leprechaun this year, but he did leave some treats behind for Zenock which he accepted with out complaint. 

---

Our lives have been filled with t-ball and more t-ball this month.  We  have had lots of practices, (at home and on the field), and have had two games (one was rained out).  We opted out of Soccer this Spring knowing we wouldn't have time for both.  T-Ball is a serious sport here in the South... even as far as renting out indoor facilities to hold practice when it is raining.  Yeah... that intense.  We hear things from the Coach telling the kids, 

"You've got to hit the cut off man!"  

Umm... I had to have JC explain that one to me.  Between 3-4 practices a week and 1-2 games a week, weekly Relief Society meetings (that sometimes last THREE hours!)  Planting all my flowers,

(Hello! Spring, Summer, and Sunburns!)

And trying my best at being a landscape architect and making my yard look different from the neighbors, planning a Birthday party for 16 little boys, preparing for Easter/Birthday/Anniversary, etc.  I am beat at the end of the day and am just TRYING to stay on top of things and survive life.  But, Really I can't complain.  I am enjoying all of it.  It just takes a LOT of energy.

I was beyond excited to look at my Calendar this week and realize it is SPRING break for our schools which means no preschool, no t-ball games or practices, no nothing.  I am free ALL week!  Perfect week to read!  I am not a reader and hate books, but nine months ago my friend "loaned" me (yeah, I feel awful about it, I never keep things that long!)  a set of Pride and Prejudice books written from Darcy's point of view.  I'm a huge Pride and Prejudice fan- One of the classics I actually read in school and didn't check out the cliff notes.  BUT, I finally put them in my car set on returning them two weeks ago.  While waiting on something (I can't remember what!) I picked up the first one and read a chapter... I've been hooked since and CANNOT stop reading.  I'm in the middle of the third one (last one) and made myself put it down and take a break today to catch up.  Considering,  I have all week to finish it. =)

Photobucket

My little Kamden loves batting practice at home... He'll find anything resembling a bat to hit the ball.  This particular night it was his beloved lightsaber.

---

Zenock had his first game on St. Patrick's Day.  It was a gorgeous day (85 degrees!) and was perfect for a middle of the day T-ball game... Almost too hot!  When we first found out what team we were going to be I thought JC would kill over with excitement.  GO DODGERS!!!  (JC's favorite as well as his Dads favorite team.)

Photobucket


It makes getting ready for the games kind of fun since we are already decked out with Dodger shirts and hats. =)  Since my Zenock hates his picture taken... (the sun is always too bright.)  Kamden will gladly cheese it and model for the team.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Zenock did great during the game!  The team was ahead the whole game and won 18-11... They were all VERY excited little boys in the end!  They worked really hard and did such a good job.  My little Kamden was a great little cheerleader for his brother... watching the game through the fence.  He didn't cry the entire game and just played and watched the game.  (He has such a different personality from Zenock who I would have fought at this age the entire time during the game.) 

Photobucket

Photobucket

They had a fun little opening ceremonies for the start of the season and called the boys out of the dugout one by one onto the field.  They then did a team cheer to start everything off.   I will try to get the video posted to our you tube page soon.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was such a fun fun day... And only the beginning of the season which goes until the end of May.  We are so excited for more games to play and to watch.  So get used to more T-ball posts... =) 

It is pretty much what consumes our lives at the moment.



2 comments:

Shennie said...

Great Darcy series!
I still can't believe how big Kamden is!
Did you know that here we consider it a warm day when it gets into the low 50's! It seems strange that it used to be normal to have 85* weather in March...

Bourgeous said...

Such cute boys! Love your fun projects that you always have going. The Darcy books caught me as well - my poor family couldn't understand while I was always hiding in the bathroom:) Happy Spring!