Monday, March 12, 2012

Favorite things.

 It has been a crazy month... already!  We made it through another Tornado/storm safely.  The same areas that were hit last Spring were hit again... (just not as wide spread as last year.)  We took a Sunday drive yesterday to check things out... My heart goes out to anyone who really has to sit in their closet and pray for their life.  Seeing some of the homes that were destroyed (some were big nice dream homes) that are destined to be completely bulldozed if not already by the storm... It is heartbreaking to see.

---
Zenock started t ball a few weeks ago... Our first game is this Saturday, but they have been having practice at least 3-4 times per week for the last 3 weeks.  We knew this group was intense, but we really didn't like the group we played with last Spring and we wanted Zenock to play with the kids he would go to school with.

I say intense because seriously who has 4 practices a week for T-Ball!  Zenock also has to have all his own gear and bag to carry it all in.  FIFTY dollar uniforms!  At the end of the season they play in the tournament and the team that wins ends up going to region and state... for TBALL!  Seriously???  Our coach took his older sons Tball team to state 3 years ago.  (We are not encouraging nor expecting this as parents.)  I am not a Tiger Mother to my almost five year old son.  Zenock is one of the youngest on his team.  The cutoff date to play was mid April and his Birthday is the beginning.  Most of the boys are at least a year older on his team.

I do however love the discipline, focus, and attention that sports has to offer.  I think there is something so very educational in letting your children play sports.  Being able to listen to and follow the coach and learn something new is a great tool to be used through out life.  I also love the socialization Zenock gets with boys he doesn't know.  He has always been very friendly and can make friends in an instant.  The few practices I've been to, I love how the other boys yell to Zenock to come play or refer to him as their friend and try to help him or teach him the sport after only a few weeks of knowing each other.

A funny little story... Zenock is obsessed with my phone and play games on it all the time. The other night while I was getting him dressed and ready to leave for practice with JC he kept asking me if I needed to make any phone calls while he was gone or if I needed to call Dad.  I thought it was funny and told him no.  After he left I started picking up the house and kept searching all over for my phone.
 WELL...
The little turkey took my phone to practice and JC caught him playing games on it!

---

We have a few favorite things around our house.  Some are more favorite than others and some only last for a little bit, but I don't want to forget the stages my boys are in right now.

Photobucket

Zenock still loves his giraffe named Tip Top... It is his best friend at night and during the day when others aren't around.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Kamden's most favorite thing is his Blue Blanket.  It goes pretty much everywhere with us.  He pulls it out of his crib through out the day and will carry it around with him all over the house.  He will lay down where ever and cuddle his blanket when he starts to get tired.

Photobucket

A couple of weeks ago Kamden had a one day mysterious fever.  We spent the entire day like this... with his blanket on my shoulder and him snuggled on it.  He loves rubbing the blanket on his cheeks.

Photobucket

We spring cleaned all of Zenock's toys and gave some away.  Zenock was not too happy when we finally did give them away (he was fine when we were putting them in the bag) and so we went to Target and I let him pick out something to replace all that he gave away.  He chose this little stuffed dog.  Kamden adored it and would give it loves anytime Zenock set it down.  When he left for preschool Kamden knew it was his.  We finally went back to Target and bought one for Kamden.  It is a new favorite that he sleeps with, cuddles with, loves and gives kisses to and holds it up for us to give kisses to.  I love how sweet my boys are.

Photobucket

Kamden has never been one to watch tv... he doesn't do it.  We finally found something he will watch.  The Baby Einstein Farm movie.  He will watch it from beginning to end and shout out "Cow" whenever a cow or tractor comes on the screen.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My little Beethoven.  He loves the piano.  He will stand up on his stool 2-3 times a day and play the piano for us.

Photobucket

He loves wearing Moms shoes, jewelry, and accessories.  I'm always finding him in my closet going through drawers.  He insists on wearing my necklaces through out church and gets mad if I try and take them away.  He's one.  It's cute. =)


Not really a favorite, but I love this picture.  Kamden just learned to fold his arms for prayers.  Just in time for Nursery.  He has been going into Nursery for the last couple of weeks.  He has done great!  I definitely think it is me that isn't ready for him to grow up and not be my baby.  It just makes me sad... I seriously wish I could keep him little forever.  He is such a sweet boy.

We are loving this moment in life just being with our boys, enjoying their personalities, and watching them grow. =)

2 comments:

The Trees said...

As always love your pictures and stories Carin. So sweet!

Annie said...

kamden sounds like such a sweetie! love it! i am glad you guys are safe and sound after those last tornadoes. everytime i hear about tornadoes i think about you and hope they aren't affecting you guys! that's crazy about zennocks t-ball intensity. so cute though. i can't wait for my boys to play t-ball!