Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cathedral Caverns

First... I'm sick of the weather.  It's been raining all month... like flooding/torrential/monsoon type of rain.  Let's add in the warm sunny 70 degree one day a week weather (which I don't complain about), but then the cold front moves back in and it turns back to the dreary rainy days.

Anyone who lives in a "Tornado Alley" knows warm and cold do not mix.  One day last week I spent all night laying wide awake in bed, listening intently waiting for the dang Tornado sirens to go off so that I could grab my children and run and hide in my closet.  I prayed all night they wouldn't go off.  We were told THEY would go off.  It was a high risk storm.  So I layed there and listened to the wind, rain, and lightning... not your typical wind, rain, lightning storm.  It sounded like it was ripping the bricks and shingles off of my house one by one.  The few minutes of sleep I did have I had a dream that me and my good friend got separated from our husbands and were stranded with our four boys and we were running and hiding from the storms and watching the Tornadoes rip our houses apart.  It was literally terrifying! I woke up shaking and never fell back asleep.

SO... did the Sirens go off??  They did actually, but I couldn't hear the blasted things, (and yes I was wide awake when they were supposedly going off) because of the wind and rain.

I've made a HUGE decision in my life.  I'm feeling pretty good about it right now.  I realized something as I watched the little snow video from Bountiful's snow storm last week that a hundred people posted to facebook.  I would take a SNOWSTORM any day over a risk of their being a Tornado and ripping my house apart.  That being said, I'm ready.  READY to move back to Utah.  READY to hole up in my house for days on end and suffer out the cold, snow, and long winters.  (This is huge for me!)  ANYTHING to leave behind the Tornadoes.  Every times it starts to rain and the wind starts to blow- I start begging JC to move.  It's only January and people are saying the Tornado season is going to be a LONG one this year.  I'm freaking out.  I can't handle it.  I'm ready to move.  Pray for me. =)

---

For MLK day we spent the day going to Cathedral Caverns a cave that is about 45 minutes from our house.  Our boys loved it.  I loved that the entire cave was paved and I didn't have to pack my kids and could push a stroller.  The caves entrance is the biggest entrance known for a tourist attraction cave.  All in all, it was a fun afternoon with my family.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Playing peek-a-boo waiting for our tour to start.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Annie said...

you SHOULD move back to utah!! (easier said than done, i know) winter is hard (even though I love snow!) but i don't think it is nearly as hard as having to worry about tornadoes. cool cave!!