Wednesday, December 7, 2011

projects

When JC is away - I get busy!  I stay up way too late and do projects.  Last week I didn't go to bed before one AM.  That is unheard of for me.  I'm pretty sure I do it otherwise I would go to bed and lay there, think, and worry/scare myself.  If I go to bed as late as possible I'm out as soon as I hit the pillow and I can't even think.  It works great for me. =)

Even though I get lots done when he is gone, I would much rather have him home!
Here are a few of my late night projects...

Zenock's room has been on my list to paint since we moved in... I finally did it and I love how it turned out.  Zenock is loving his "new room."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


So simple.  I should have done it two years ago.

Next was my ugly end table.  I've hated the color for years... but, it is such a good piece of furniture I didn't want to give it away.  I had a couple of ideas, but in the middle of it all I decided to just paint it white and distress it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I wasn't sure if I would like the white, but I love how much it brightens up this corner of my living room and next to my dark couches. 

Next:  Chicken wire frame 
I wanted something to put in our hallway to hang all of Zenock's school work/art work/ cards on.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's hard to read but, I love that Zenock's paper came home from church saying, 
"I am thankful for transformers."

Love my boys.

This past week, I stayed up late finishing my blog book and putting together this ruffle tree skirt.  I love how it turned out.  Awhile back a friend and I were looking through blogs and came across this tutorial from Miss Mustard Seed.  We died over it.  I've seen it everywhere since on Pinterest and other craft sites.  It is so easy and super cute. I almost want to make another one (a more colorful one with stripes and polka dots!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I still have a few other projects in "process" that I will share later.  =)


2 comments:

Annie said...

wow! i need you around my house! love that tree skirt! i have seen that on pinterest, but thought it would be super hard. LOVE yours! oh, and i love the pic of zenocks room with his happy little face in the bottom corner. i bet he loves his room!

thejess's said...

Can I please pay you to make that tree skirt for me!! I've seen it over and over again on pinterest and just LOVE it! But I am in no way a crafter like you and could never do it!!

Ps. Will we be seeing you guys this Christmas? I can't say I've heard if you are coming to Utah this year! Wish we saw more of you!:)