Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving was pretty simple this year.

Photobucket

I'm thankful for family. =)  We missed our extended families, but love that we can grow closer together as our own family while we live FAR far away.  When we were skyping with JC's family Thanksgiving night Zenock kept telling his cousins, "When my Dad gets a job, I'm coming back to Utah."  He said the same thing to my Mom the night before.  He is so sweet. He loves his cousins and grandparents.

Maybe one day my sweet boy...  Keep praying.

Photobucket

 I am so thankful for these three handsome boys.  They keep me grounded.  They make me laugh.  They love me for me.  They take care of me and willingly put up with me and wipe my tears when I need to cry. =)  I couldn't ask for anything more.

Photobucket

As I was having a particularly rough day the other day, this sweet little guy brought a dish towel to me and sat on my lap and wiped away my tears and told me, "It's ok Mom... It's ok to cry."  Oh, how I LOVE him and his sweet personality.

Photobucket

I am so VERY thankful to be a Mom and a wife.  It is the best job ever. =)

We are also thankful for good friends with cute kids who are willing to share holidays with us and who are willing to stay up until midnight and brave the cold, enormous lines, fights, and drama of Black Friday at Target.  (I love you Nickole!)
We feel so lucky and blessed to be surrounded by so many good friends in Alabama.

Photobucket

September (2010) was a month for babies in Alabama.  This cute little girl is only three weeks older than Kamden.  I loved watching them play and do the exact same things... like sitting inside buckets and baskets (one of Kamden's favorite past times!)

---

The day after Thanksgiving we decorated for Christmas and as we were settling down for the night, we heard some Jingle Bells out on the front porch.  When we went to check it out we found this cute little elf sitting on our doorstep.  Santa left him there just for us.  He watches over Zenock and Kamden and flies back to the North Pole every night to report back to Santa if they were naughty or nice. =)

So far... We have been extra nice this year.

The first thing you do with your "Elf on the Shelf" is give him a name.  After much thought and deliberation, Zenock chose our Elf's name.

Meet CAPTAIN AMERICA. (Captain for short.)  =)

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Every night after returning from the North Pole Captain America hides himself in a different place to watch over us during the day.  The first morning we found him on the table and he had brought us doughnuts covered in North Pole SNOW!  (Zenock's favorite!)  He was pretty excited about this.

Last night Captain America left candy wrappers on the couch and Zenock found him in a bowl of candy. =)

Every morning Zenock tells me... "Mom, Let's go find Captain America!" and then we search the house.
Oh... Let's not forget to mention - You can't touch him or he'll lose his magic (flying power).  So Zenock gets as close as possible.  He is dying to just give him a big hug.

We LOVE having Captain America at our house this Christmas!


2 comments:

Tatiana said...

We LOVE Elf of the Shelf! This year is the 1st year Evva has known enough to name it, so after trying a few suggestions, she decided on Uncle Tyson. :) It makes it so much fun!

Logan said...

What a cute idea! We will have to try this next year.