Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween 2011

I feel SO behind on blogging.  There is so much to do this time of year... not to mention my head is bursting with planned projects and crafts to create (thanks to pinterest) before Christmas time.  Somehow, I will get it all done. =)
JC left the middle of October for work.  He was enjoying Maryland for two weeks.  He was missed A LOT!  There were quite a few tears shed from both of my boys.  They were sure excited when he got home just in time for Halloween.

BUT, before he got home, I had to attend a few Halloween festivities as a single parent.  For the second year in a row I went to our wards trunk or treat solo.  (I have to admit... this year was easier than last year and having a one month old... but, just a little bit!)  

Kamden was our little monkey and Zenock was a cowboy.  Honestly, he had his heart set on batman, (which he talked about for at least the last 3 months), but we already had the cowboy stuff ready and after talking with Aunt Emi about what to be - he was excited about being a cowboy... like Grandpa Reeder, Uncle Daniel, and his cousins.  My brother is a serious true cowboy... at least as close as you can get.  He has his dream job.  He manages a multi million dollar ranch for the CEO of Hewlett Packard in Southern Utah.  (Every little boys dream place to live and grow up!)  Zenock's costume is no where near what my little nephews wear on a daily basis as their regular clothes.  They are so stinkin' cute.  BUT, I love my cute little cowboy as well.







Our next activity was our preschool Halloween party and costume parade.  I LOVE our little preschool group.  Love the Moms I get to visit with every Tuesday and Thursday and love ALL the little boys we get to teach.  All the boys in Zenock's class are the oldest and have a little brother.  It wasn't planned that way at all, but sure makes things lots of fun!  (There are at least 3 boys missing from this picture.)


Kamden loves the cars and Zenock loves the swings at preschool.

 


October is the best time of year for a Birthday... I love fall birthdays and always wished mine was in the Fall.  A couple of friends from church combined there little boys birthdays (3 days apart) and threw the ultimate Super Hero Birthday party.  They cut out masks and made capes and belts for all the kids.




Some Moms are so creative... The kids decorated their own shields, there were Villians who captured them and duct taped them to the wall (older brothers were the villians), they then had to break out and free Superman who was captured in the playhouse... In the end they got to vaporize the Villians with silly string.  Seriously, all the little extras were so cute and fun!  I might have to hire them for my next Birthday party.  Zenock loved it!


Then... it was Halloween day.  We spent the day with some friends and their super awesome Aunt - who Zenock is in love with... She might be a close second to Aunt Emi.  We ate some jack-o-lantern pizzas and then headed out to our neighborhood Halloween party!  I am loving our neighborhood for throwing such a fun get together complete with inflatables, games, cotton candy, hot dogs, face painting... So fun to get to know your neighbors.  Last night I spent 4 hours at my neighbors house for girls night with 9 other ladies... I had NO idea I had such fun girls living around me!  Yeah for Neighbors! =)







JC and I could not stop laughing at some of the costumes... We still don't know who this neighbor is.




Kamden got introduced to chocolate and we ended the night on a sugar high!  I need to get rid of the candy asap...  I'm so sad Fall is coming to an end, but am getting excited to spend Christmas at home this year, christmas shopping, the season of parties and get togethers with friends, and enjoying my family.  I already have a good start on Christmas shopping a few more things and my boys are done... I hope to be done by December 1st so that I can just sit by the tree and drink hot chocolate every day instead of stressing about all the little things.

How early is too early to put up your tree...



3 comments:

Emily Reeder said...

First of all, as always my nephews are the cutest ever!! seriously, so stinkin' cute! The question is though- Who is my competition? I need to meet this woman! About Christmas.. my roommates have threatened me to wait until after thanksgiving for that AND music. I'm dying. LOVE YOU!! so glad we are sisters and think way to much alike! yay(: at least I have my hot chocolate with ice cream.
Love, Aunt Emi
xoxo

Emily Reeder said...

First of all, as always my nephews are the cutest ever!! seriously, so stinkin' cute! The question is though- Who is my competition? I need to meet this woman! About Christmas.. my roommates have threatened me to wait until after thanksgiving for that AND music. I'm dying. LOVE YOU!! so glad we are sisters and think way to much alike! yay(: at least I have my hot chocolate with ice cream.
Love, Aunt Emi
xoxo

Emily Reeder said...

First of all, as always my nephews are the cutest ever!! seriously, so stinkin' cute! The question is though- Who is my competition? I need to meet this woman! About Christmas.. my roommates have threatened me to wait until after thanksgiving for that AND music. I'm dying. LOVE YOU!! so glad we are sisters and think way to much alike! yay(: at least I have my hot chocolate with ice cream.
Love, Aunt Emi
xoxo