Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Kamden's Birthday.

Our sweet little boy turned One... (I think I mentioned that. :)  I'm still in denial or maybe depression over the event. My word of the year is Simplify... I've really tried to cut things out, tone it down, not worry as much, and just enjoy the little things or what is really important.  We didn't have a big fancy party- just enjoyed our time together and celebrated the last year of our cute boy.  What a year it has been.  We can't believe it's gone by so fast and are even more grateful that Kamden is part of our family.  He makes us smile and laugh each and every day.  We can't imagine life with out him.  He is sure our special little boy.  I'll let the pictures tell about his happy day.


Photobucket

Kamden woke up to lots of balloons around the house... He loves balloons.  He loves them even more when they aren't helium filled and he can play with them and chase them.


Photobucket

We set out after breakfast to take some ONE year old pictures... I'm still working on them, but here is a little peak.  Oh how I love those blue eyes and that round chubby face.  I would kiss it all day if he would let me.  I'm loving how the pictures turned out.

Photobucket

Kamden was pretty excited about turning one... :)

Photobucket

We ran a few errands and Zenock picked out a special present for Kamden... (the ball he is holding.)  It flashes, plays music, and jumps around.  Kamden's two favorite things are balls or cars.  It was a perfect gift.

Photobucket

Photobucket

While Kamden was taking his nap, Zenock painted us some decorations and I made Kamden's cake.  Zenock was so sweet and could hardly contain his excitement that it was Kamden's Birthday.

As soon as JC got home we opened his presents...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had to include the above picture just for the look on their faces... They are so identical in so many of their facial expressions.  Kamden is his Dad's little twin.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think his favorite was this little tractor that he can push around.  I love watching him crawl and push his cars... it is so cute.  Something that Zenock never did.  They are SO opposite.

Photobucket

Photobucket

His monkey cake... I swear when he was a newborn he looked just like a little monkey baby.  I'm not a cake decorator (I'll leave that to my Mom... she's a pro!), but thought it turned out pretty cute.


Photobucket

Happy Birthday Kamden!!!

Photobucket

He lasted about one minute until he started screaming and hated every second of cake and ice cream.  As soon as his hands were covered, he started waving them all over flinging cake and frosting everywhere.  Teaching my boys how to be clean is sinking in. :)

Photobucket

Just a few things to remember about Kamden at One year old...

Stats
Weight: 20.12 lbs
Height: 28 3/4"

He is in the 20th-25th percentile for both height and weight... Crazy considering at 4 mths he was in the 95th percentile!

He has 4 teeth and 2 coming through on top.
He has tiny feet... (like half the size of Zenock's at one.)
He HATES the car.  He only lasts about 5 minutes before screaming starts.  I just recently introduced him to suckers which is the ONLY thing that has helped in the car.
He loves, LOVES bath time, but hates getting dressed afterwards.
He is a snuggler and is very wiggly... He got sick in August and it's only been since then that he will lay his head on my shoulder and cuddle me when he is tired.  He won't fall asleep unless he is in his crib.  He will crawl clear across the room to come and give me a hug or bury his head in our lap, turn around crawl a few feet, turn back around come hug again... on and on.
Loves to read books.  After getting dressed he crawls to the books and picks one out and brings it back to me and will sit in my lap.
Shakes his head no, claps, says mum, dad, and hi.
LOVES his peek a boo game on the tablet.  He is REALLY good at pointing his little finger and touching the tablet finding the little guy hiding.  He doesn't watch tv at all... won't even give it a chance.
Loves yogurt, cheese tortillas, peas, waffles, grapes and cookies.  His eyes light up when you give him a cookie. (That is definitely from my side. :)  He is also really good with his sippy cup and only has a bottle at nap or bed time.
He gets so excited at meal time and will roll his wrists and ankles in anticipation for the next bite.
I love the way he crosses his ankles when I'm feeding him his bottle or when he is in his car seat.
Crawls everywhere... I don't think he'll walk anytime soon.  Just starting to stand without holding onto things.  Loves playing with Zenock.  Loves teasing Zenock.  He will scream if Zenock looks at him the wrong way or tries to take a toy.
His nicknames are chubby, chubbers, and Kamdenator... never Kam.
He is very sensitive when his feelings get hurt and can turn on the crocodile tears in seconds. BUT, he is also very sweet and is a VERY happy content little boy.  He is always smiling.


Happy Birthday Chubbers!
We love you. :)

2 comments:

Shennie said...

What cute pictures (I love the tearful one!) and what a cute cake!
I'm glad you are enjoying your boys. :)

Kami said...

Happy Birthday Kamden! One year goes by fast!