Thursday, May 26, 2011

vacation.

We had planned on visiting the beaches in Florida (this weekend)... but, after all that has happened in the last month. We changed our vacation plans and enjoyed some time in Utah with family after my Grandma's funeral.

It was nice to just relax. We made no plans and didn't tell anyone we would be in town - that way we wouldn't be caught up running around and having to be here for this and there for that. (Sometimes having our families live so close to each other and planning for so much when we are in Utah ends up being more stress than a vacation.) Since this would end up being our "Summer" vacation this year... I really wanted to enjoy it. MAYBE one year we can actually vacation instead of visit family - no offense. We LOVE our family, but it would be nice to use vacation time for us...

(Please hold off on all weddings and funerals for at least a year and a half or so... Thank You!)


We did get to visit with a few friends, spent Mothers Day with our Moms, enjoyed lots of yummy dinners with our families, and enjoyed Spring time in Utah.

It was a nice little break from the last month or so.

JC's favorite part would be when the rental car company asked what we were in Utah for... when he told them we were there for a funeral, they upgraded us to a 2011 4-door Black Jeep Wrangler (his dream car). He was pretty much in Heaven for the duration of our trip.

We spent one of our days with my Mom and JC's sister Kristen and her family enjoying temple square, the Brigham Young house, and the fabulous Lion House restaurant.

We wanted to show Zenock temple square (He's only been there once when he was one) and the Brigham Young house is JC's favorite. I'm not kidding when I say I've been through the house at least 10-12 times since I've been married. I should be the one giving the tour. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(Another family picture for the books... I'm waiting patiently for the day when I can say smile and he will do it with out throwing a fit.)

The flowers were beautiful! I've forgotten how pretty Spring is in Utah. :)


Photobucket

We were so excited to be able to meet up with JC's grandparents for dinner who were in town for a cousin's baby blessing.

Grandparents and Great Grandparents are sure special people in our lives.

Photobucket

I got to visit my cute Grandma's house... reminisce and enjoy her surroundings one more time.

Photobucket

I really tried to slow down the time and just enjoy the simple pleasures of life.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We have got to get this kid a trampoline... HE could spend hours on it. He came inside each night with black black feet.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Basketball games are a must with my family.

Photobucket

I am so jealous of my parents who walk out the back door and get to see this every night.
I sure miss it.


We enjoyed our vacation!

Reality settled back in as soon as we hit the airport... Our plane kept getting delayed. Finally, after sitting in the airport for over 3 hours we were able to get on a different flight out... change planes in Dallas, and then get home. Zenock was pretty excited when we landed in "Alabama."
It was about 11:30 PM and we had started our day around 6 AM. I was READY to be home and about went crazy when my Zenock and Kamden's bag "got lost." We ended up waiting for another hour or so for a plane to come in from Chicago (our original flight). Lucky for us they just hadn't transferred one of our bags and it was on that flight.

It felt so good to sleep in our own beds with ALL our luxuries (power, air conditioning, etc.) in our own home. We didn't wake up until after 10 the next morning! :)

Glad to be home, but sadly life still hasn't slowed down at all...

T-ball games, practice, pre-school graduation, baby showers, planting more flowers (since mine were all ripped out by the storms), etc.

We've also had a few more storms... Just last night after midnight the sirens went off and the wind started blowing. Everything is still too fresh. Even though there wasn't any real threat, I laid shaking in bed for an hour trying to go to sleep...

Maybe, it's time to move. ha :)

All in all, life is great and even though we are busy, I'm trying to take the time to enjoy the simple things in my life.

2 comments:

The Noble Steeds said...

I totally know what you mean about a vacation. On a side note, Michigan rarely gets tornados. ;)

Bourgeous said...

You take amazing photos! So glad that you guys were able to "vacation" in UT. I totally just want to call and have some more good chats soon!