Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter weekend

What a crazy busy weekend...

Super fun, but super busy.

We literally wore ourselves out... The Z man, Kamdenator, and I (carin) all have colds. I seriously thought we were through with being sick for the year. {agh!} I swear I have been sick more this year than ever before.

We started our weekend bright and EARLY Saturday morning as we headed out to Zenock's first t-ball practice. I love watching Zenock get excited each time we tell him it is a soccer or t-ball day. He loves it... {unless of course he isn't feeling well, like last nights soccer game where he just wanted to cuddle with me on the chair and watch the game.}

He loves his coaches and does so well listening to them. His t-ball coach {his granddaughter plays on our team} told him he's done this for a lot of years and "can just tell Zenock is going to be one of those good players."
{Yes, we realize he is only 4... but, come on - that makes any parent excited, right!?}


Photobucket

Practice... practice...


Photobucket

---

Photobucket

Don't you love the tongue sticking out?? He was trying so hard and putting a LOT of energy into that hit. We are excited for the many games we will get to watch over the next {hopefully many-many} years. =)


Photobucket

After T-Ball practice... JC headed home with the boys for a bit and then we met back down at the field for a Soccer game. Four year old soccer is a blast to watch. We sit back with our friends and just laugh at our boys.

---

After Soccer we ate a quick lunch and headed to an Easter Egg hunt. A family in our ward does a big hunt every year for all the Primary kids. They have 4 kids... 3 are boys, ages 5, 4, 3... Zenock absolutely LOVES playing at their house. I drag him away screaming every time. They always are doing fun BOY things.

Photobucket

Before the egg hunt they had a few games to play.


Photobucket

Zenock's team won the tug-of-war and got to pick out a BIG candy bar of their choice.


Photobucket


Then the hunt was on...

---

Our ward did an activity later that night, but our boys were already completely worn out and Kamden had not had a good nap all day. So we skipped it.


Photobucket

We let Zenock watch The Wizard of Oz instead.

He came up to JC and I the next day and in his best witch voice {complete with cackel} said, "I'm going to get you and your little dog too!" hahaha!

I spent all evening making salads to take to a potluck Easter Sunday dinner with a group of friends from the ward. {So much good food!} Someone needs to host Sunday Potluck dinner every week!

---

We have early 9am church so we decided to tell the Easter Bunny to come visit while we were at church. I think I really like that idea and might keep it going no matter the time of church. It was great to focus on other things that morning and not be in a complete rush.
Although, I'm always in a rush on Sunday morning... and always late. Just glad JC has early meetings and can save me a seat. I'm working on it!

Photobucket


The easter bunny did make it to our house while we were gone.


Photobucket

Photobucket

I can not for the life of me get this kid to smile... when I ask him to show me what he got, it is always some weird facial expression.

Photobucket

Like this.

Photobucket

The Kamdenator... who is currently teething. We go through an enormous amount of bibs and clothes. He constantly has a puddle of drool on his shirt. His bib was soaked when we got home and I thought he would be ok for a minute... Within a minute his shirt was soaked.


Photobucket


Photobucket

Zenock was pretty happy with the Easter Bunny this year. =)

I can now breathe easier now that April is over... it is always such a busy month!

Photobucket

Hope you had a Happy Easter weekend. =)


**Any of you photographers out there want to share your tips on taking photos inside??? I try and try tricks and tips I read, but oh my goodness it is driving me crazy that I can't get my pictures to look just right!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Carin! Look how CUTE your hair is...LOVE IT! Looks like you guys have had a busy April and a fun Easter. Your little boys are stinkin' cute!

PS. I think your photos look great :) I am not a professional but I was having the same issues! If you do it on manual, play around with your ISO. Also if you seem to have a dark house (like me) I bought an external flash that I use sometimes. Good luck!

Jake and Melissa Kinghorn said...

Looks like the easter bunny spoiled my nephews this year! I love your hair super cute!

Tatiana said...

How fun! I can't believe he's old enough to play t-ball! About your pictures. I seriously thought they looked good, but the thing that really changed things for me was to change the white balance! It will change your life! :) But you have to shoot in manual to do it. I think I keep mine on P. Are you guys coming out this summer? I know it's like a whirlwind when you come, but we should plan an evening/morning to just go out and do pictures to experiment. Love you all!

How is JC's shoulder?

Logan said...

Could you please stop posting pics of warm weather? All of us in Utah are really jealous. Glad you guys had a great Easter.

Shennie said...

What a fun post and what a great mom of boys!

Your hair looks really cute.

Annie said...

fun, fun easter! as always, you guys are adorable. zennock is such a little jock, i love it!