Friday, April 22, 2011

Atlanta...

Last Saturday JC and I celebrated 7 years of marriage!

I seriously can't believe it's been that long. We've had our ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade any of it. I'm so grateful for a great guy in my life. I love him more and more everyday.

We spent the day at an Easter Egg hunt and then had our friends watch the boys while we went to see a movie... The Conspirator.

GREAT movie. Just a little input... Don't go see it, if you have ever had the thought about becoming an attorney or have a strong willed opinion on justice and what is right.

On our way home I told JC I wanted to go to law school. At the moment I REALLY meant it. I've always had a love for "law and politics." I have my moments where I just soak it up and wish I was a powerful politician of some sort. Don't get me started on Miss Palin... just read her books and you will love her.

Anyhow... It was a good movie. We really appreciate our friends for watching the boys for us while we took our one night out a year. (JC had to pry me from Kamden... I don't do well leaving my children. Even for a couple of hours. I have issues. =) Our boys had a fun fun night... Zenock didn't want to leave. It is always easier when you know they love the people you leave them with!

We had a great night too.

---

We took last Monday off and headed to Atlanta Georgia with some friends for a little day trip.

It is a three hour drive to Atlanta from our house... I love little road trips with my family.
It gives us time to catch up, relax, and enjoy each other with out distractions.

The Atlanta temple has been under renovation for the past year or so and we thought it would be a great time to take Zenock to the open house.


Photobucket

It is a smaller temple, but oh so pretty. I still can't get over the chandeliers and chandelier sconces inside... Everything seemed to glow. It was gorgeous.

Not to mention the peace and comfort feeling you feel anytime you are on temple grounds.

Photobucket

My happy baby after our tour.


Photobucket

Me and the boys. It was such a great little moment to be inside the temple with my three boys. While we were in one of the sealing rooms I leaned down and whispered to Zenock, "One day you can bring a cute girl here and get married." His response... "No Mom, I don't like girls."

Everything about girls at the moment is just gross... (except of course mom's.)


Photobucket

We couldn't get over the "lush" grass. It is HARD to grow good grass in the South.

This has become our little challenge and hobby of sorts - to have GOOD grass.


Photobucket

Kamden wasn't too sure about grass at all...


Photobucket

Atlanta Georgia Temple
April 18, 2011


---

After the temple we were driving around trying to find the cheesecake factory... when our friends hit the break lights and we looked over and spotted non other than

UNCLE JULIO'S!

Photobucket

JC and I were so excited and were lucky to be with great friends that gave up cheesecake factory to dine with us and Uncle Julio. (Although, I think they might like it just as much as us...)

I'll say it again... We LOVE this place. It is so SO good. I have a hard time eating at any other Mexican restaurant now... I have been spoiled. =)

Thanks for a fun trip Anderson family!


Photobucket

They exist... The Piggly Wiggly stores that is.

This was the last stop of the day on our little road trip... To be honest, I just love the name. Say it ten times fast and you will too.

---

We are excited for our little Easter weekend... It is going to be busy. BUSY.

I'm off to bake some cookies with my boys, followed by homemade pizza tonight, dying Easter Eggs, and hopefully, fit in a movie with my favorite guy.

Hope your Easter Weekend brings lots of fun.

3 comments:

Kaylee said...

Hey Carin, I just came across your blog and loved seeing pictures of your darling family. Your boys are so cute. I hope things are going well for you and your family.
Kaylee.
(p.s. If you decide to go private I would love an invite. My email is kaylee.cook@gmail.com)

Heidi said...

When I was in Primary (when it was held on weekdays) and living in Alabama, my birthday pennies went to help build the Atlanta Temple. =)

And Piggly Wiggly is a very well known store in the south. I remember going to it with my friend and her mom many many times when we lived in Alabama. Ashdown used to have one up until a few years ago. =D

Mindy said...

YOu make me miss the south so much! :) We had a piggly wiggly in our town where we lived and for a while I thought that was the piggly wiggly on "win a date with tad hamilton" but it wasn't. :)