Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stories to be told...

The last few weeks have FLOWN by.

We have had one thing after another.

Beautiful weather leads to getting outdoors and no time for the computer or blogging. We have been up in the 70's!!! (Minus the last few days of rain - my reason for blogging.) Zenock and I count the popcorn trees (as he calls them) as we drive around town. It doesn't matter how many times I tell him they are "flowers that look like popcorn." He still asks... "Mom, Maybe we can stop and eat some one day." I love how excited he is that it is SPRING!

He (WE) can't wait for his first Soccer practice (don't tell Grandpa Larson!) to start on Saturday and then T-ball to start in a month.

Yahoo!

---

Truth be told... I seriously have some darn cute boys.
AND, yes, I know I am totally biased.

Sometimes, you just gotta say how much you love their cute little faces, smiles, and the laughter.

I wouldn't survive each day with out it.

I only wish both of my boys would let me document it.
Zenock has turned into a "run and hide or whine" kid when the camera comes out.

SO, No pictures of Zenock... again.
(Trust me when I say, I tried.)


BUT, I do have some stories...

While being told, enjoy some pictures of my pretty much always happy baby!



Photobucket


At preschool the other day they were learning about consequences and what happens when they get in trouble. Their teacher, "Miss Jessica" was asking what happens to each of them.
The usual comments were made, time-out, etc. When it was Zenock's turn he informed everyone... "My Dad turns into a Zombie and takes me to the witch in my Mom's closet."

Oops! Maybe, we went a little overboard on that one. =)

---


Photobucket

---

Photobucket


A couple of nights ago, JC heard Zenock tell me...

"Mom, Tell Kamden to quit looking at me!"

Hahaha... We are still laughing.

I'm sure that won't be the end of that...

---

Photobucket

My little Kamden had a HUGE milestone just today...

READY for this -

He rolled over.

The Dr asked me at his apt if he had even attempted it...
My answer was no way, I think he is too fat. :)

BUT, he did it... Tummy to Back.
(He hates being on his tummy.)

Zenock and I clapped and cheered while Kamden stared at us like we were crazy.


Photobucket

Both of my boys are growing so fast... with out permission.

The 2nd time around goes even faster than the first.
(I barely have moments to document it all... and believe me, I would LOVE to document it all. In fact, it drives me crazy when I leave something out. -- Maybe, not so fun for you.)

Photobucket

Kamden barely fits in this bumbo chair... he has some crazy fat little legs.
Anyone else experience this??

---

Photobucket

---

Photobucket


Can't you just hear him laughing... he has the cutest little laugh.

We torture him all day long tickling him and playing games to make him laugh.


Photobucket

---

Photobucket

He just started doing this thing... Hard to explain... BUT, he puckers his lips like above photo and lets out lit spit noises. He does it over and over again. Hilarious to watch.

Kamden also found his toes last week - love when babies play with their toes.

---

We spent ALL day outside last Thursday- Playing at the park, picnics, walks, and playing at home.

Zenock has gotten SO good at learning his letters lately. He can name them and say their sound.
We are now onto practicing to write them.

(This is a HUGE accomplishment from a month or two ago... We would sit down and go over them for hours at school and home. It just wasn't sinking in. I bought the movie "Letter Factory" by Leapfrog... and seriously after a few times watching it, he is AWESOME!)

Here is his first attempt at his name... (almost all by himself.)

Photobucket

(Mine is the top one... His is the bottom one... if you couldn't tell.)

---

Hope it's starting to look and feel like Spring wherever you are. :)

6 comments:

Shennie said...

I keep feeling sad knowing that all my flowers are coming up in my yard that isn't my yard any more. Enjoy spring for us (for a few more weeks anyway).

What a cute baby. I love the first HUNK picture :)

And what incredibly smart boy you have.

Sara said...

So I don't know why I didn't know you had a blog before... But I had a GREAT time reading your current post as well as your older ones. Your boys are so darling and your blog is too. I'm not creative or crafty so I feel lucky if I can slap some words on the page every now and then.

I use Healthy Sleep Habits too. I hope it works soon because you must be so exhausted (although you don't look it)!

Anyway, I would love to read your blog when it goes private.

The Trees said...

Love your Zenock stories. Kamden is such a beautiful boy. I had two adorable chubby babies, seriously so chubby. Cute boys.

thejess's said...

When I go to take Berklee out of her bumbo her legs get stuck in it because of how chubby they are! I love it!

Also I love your subway art for Spring! If you really don't mind sharing I'd love if you send it to me!!!
winegar_9@hotmail.com

Kamden is just adorable! I love seeing his big smiling face!

Anonymous said...

I would just like everyone to know that my nephews are the cutest boys ever!! I WILL get a job so I can come see ya'll soon. In the mean time- remember who I am and slow the growhth. Jc, Your son is going to play soccer? :) I've taught you well. Sooooooo very happy/excited for Zennie! Carin, I LOVE your projects. I will be calling you soon.. Also, I sincerly hope that the sandwich on the counter continued to progressively increase in ingrediants and that the lunch meat made its way to the bread+miracle whip+lettuce combo.
I love you! Love, me.
P.s. I'm lovin' Kamden's happy face:) He is so cute!

The Traylor's said...

Letter factory is what did it for us too! I love those dvds! Talking words factory is making him start to read...quite sad!

Also...i feel you on the chubby baby. Lucas was teeny tiny...still is actually (he actually put on a pair of Benjamin's 18 month pants the other day and they fit him around the waist.WHAT!?) Ben has always been SO much bigger. It's funny because I sometimes feel like I"m reading my own blog from a year ago when I read yours. Lucas was born in May and Ben in September and I never had to buy new clothes because Ben was so much bigger. Although I must say that the last few months he's really slowed down (thank goodness!).