Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Distance makes the heart grow fonder... =)



Remember how Zenock gets fed to the witch when he is bad...
He decided to draw me a few pictures of the "silly witch" in my closet.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Too cute not to share.
(I seriously didn't even know he could draw this well!)

---

Last week, JC had a class he had to go to up in South Bend, Indiana.

He ended up basically on the campus of Notre Dame.

I wanted to share a few pics he took via his iphone.



Football Stadium


You can see this mural when you are in the stadium...
If you've ever watched a Notre Dame Game, they refer to this as "Touchdown Jesus."


JC said The Basilica on campus was really cool... very ornate.




If you have a husband that is into Sports at all or follows sports at all you know what March is all about...

MARCH MADNESS...

It happens once a year at our house. Some mysterious illness hits JC every year on the first day and he doesn't go into work and ends up sick on the couch...
(Hmm... :) Not saying anything.)

JC was also able to attend a Notre Dame basketball game vs Villanova. (4th row tickets!)

Also, not that we are BYU fans,but it has been fun to watch them this season... pretty darn good.
JC was able to field all sorts of questions as to the "suspension" of Davies from the team.
Great little missionary conversation starter. :)

---

Before, JC left, we tried to prep Zenock that JC was leaving. (JC being gone for 3 weeks was/IS still very fresh on Zenock's memory and since Kamden has been born, JC and Zenock have become the bestest buds.) JC spent Saturday with him... took him to the driving range and even let him hit his own bucket of balls.

It didn't do much good.

Sunday came and we headed to the airport... goodbye's were somewhat said, but even before the door was closed, Zenock was screaming.

I don't think I have ever heard him scream or cry that hard... EVER.
I felt awful, helpless, and we ended up ALL crying the whole way home.

THANK goodness there was ice cream in the freezer. :)

---

I am NOT one to pine away while my husband is out of town.
That doesn't mean that I don't love him and miss him terribly when he is gone.

I kind of go crazy when I hear about girls that can't be alone...

Time away is sometimes good.

When JC leaves... I know in advance and I have a plan of action.
(Otherwise, I might end up being one of "those" girls crying myself to sleep at night... NOTHING is wrong with that. For ME, it is mainly because I'm a wimp and hate the dark.)

I stay up late when JC is gone... getting things done that NEED to be done or I just haven't gotten done. I craft. I spend a day shopping - enjoying the day out. OR, I play with my kids and don't worry about things being picked up.

Last week my plan was to... PAINT... a room, a chair, and a table.

I had it all planned out.

I failed... miserably.

UGH.

That's the end of a long story cut short. It's depressing. I'll have to explain later.

I did spend a day somewhat shopping... (the best you can do with 2 boys in tow.)
I ventured to PIER 1 imports... It's a must this time of year. LOVE all of their new Spring decor.
It inspired me.

Bought some new kitchen rugs.

And, added a little Spring subway art for decor in my kitchen.
(I love/hate decorating for Spring... How do you decorate with pastels when the main color you use in your house is RED...)

Photobucket

The actual file was a bit more spring looking...
The colors turned out a bit different when it was printed, but I think it still turned out cute and actually matches my kitchen better. Feel free to steal the idea... (it took all of 15 minutes to make.) OR, I'd be happy to share and e-mail you the file. :)

---

I also found a cute frame at Pier 1 that I had a great idea for...


Photobucket

---

Photobucket

I'm always changing decor and never liked what I had over Kamden's crib, but thought this worked out great. Love that I can switch out the pictures fast and quick as well as add things here and there over time as he gets older. :)

---

SO much for my plan of action for the week.

SO glad JC is home.

Here's hoping us government employees have jobs next week...

YIKES!



4 comments:

Shennie said...

I'm always so impressed by your decorating skills.

I sure hope Zenock got over the tears quickly.

Logan said...

Cute craft ideas. I agree that some time apart is sometimes nice. I always look forward to cooking all the meals that my husband hates but I love :-).

Annie said...

hee hee. i am so happy to hear that you are okay being alone because SO AM I!! and sometimes i feel like people think that i don't love russ because i can fall asleep without him here, etc... but, don't you think, you just train yourself to do it because you know you have to??? oh, and i also think a little time away is a good thing, every now and then ;-) love all your decor! you are are awesome! i swear, all i do when russ is gone is watch tv. i need some of your motivation!

Tai and Joe said...

I am wondering where you got the cute white frame? I am in love with white lately. I am doing our baby's furniture in white and have a few accents of white. That frame is adorable.