Monday, January 31, 2011

January!

January has seriously flown by...

I usually hate January and spend the month complaining.
I haven't had two seconds to complain this year... Busy month!


SO here is our January in a nutshell. :)

January first came and went...
I think we spent a few days crying that we weren't still in Utah and then a week recovering from the laundry and getting things in order and getting back to a routine.

I was released from my piano assignment in Relief Society and called to teach the 5/6 year old's in Primary.

LOVE this calling!

We have a HUGE Primary. We can't even fit all the kids in the same room at a time... (I think I counted like 88 kids or something!)
I have one of the smallest classes and teach by myself, which I'm totally ok with. :)

I have the cutest kids. I come home every week to tell JC what they said and we end up laughing hilariously.

SO far... I have two love birds in my class. When I turn my back the little girl likes to sneak kisses to the little boy.

Another little girl is so quiet and will randomly interrupt the lesson to let me in on her secrets... The first week she said, "I'm going to marry Justin Beiber! I love him so much." I couldn't stop laughing. After she says things she goes quiet again and will just sit there. I only wish I could see what she's thinking in her little brain. Last week she piped in to tell me that I was her B.F.F.
-

I felt so cool. :)

Another little boy interrupted my class saying, "Uh-oh! Something's happening... (as he started shaking) I'm turning into something..." (He happens to LOVE dinosaurs and was turning into a t-rex.)

Haha! I love Primary!

---

We had quite the snowstorm in January...

Photobucket


RECORD-breaking snow for Alabama!

Photobucket

The snowstorm closed work for two days, school for a week... Lowes and Home Depot laughed when I went in and asked if they sold snow shovels.
(They don't carry them in Alabama!)


Photobucket

The snowstorm happened the day of the BIG Auburn National Championship game.

The snow/snowmen were all decorated with Orange and Blue.

We tried to order pizza for the game and all the stores were closed!

Photobucket

Zenock loves snow and had a blast getting to play in it at his "own" house.

---

Photobucket


We spent the rest of the snow week huddled inside (like the rest of the city) playing games, eating, and enjoying the fireplace.

Photobucket

My little handy manny... His goggles could be a little too tight!

He loves these goggles and wears them everywhere.
He can be found around town with his goggles or glasses, cowboy hat, and boots. :)

---

Photobucket

My Birthday was also in January... yeah for being 27. I used too think that was SO old.
Besides the sleep wrinkles under my left eye that magically appeared the day my Kamden was born... 27 isn't so bad.



Photobucket

My boys spoiled me. JC took half the day off... bought me an ab glider... (so far - love it!) and took me to dinner at Logan's Roadhouse.

Pretty sure Zenock thinks the ab glider is his. When I try and use it, I have both boys staring at me like I'm crazy and the whole time Zenock is saying, "Mom when is it my turn!?"


Photobucket

My little Kamden is growing so fast, (PLEASE stop!)

WE are enjoying him and loving his cute little personality that is starting to appear.
He loves to play with his toys... He is such a happy, content baby.

---

We went on a field trip with Zenock's school last week to Sci-Quest.
It was CRAZY fun.

Photobucket

They have this huge exhibit about the body. Some of the things were totally gross!
For instance... Above: You get to turn the wheel and feed this guy soda until he burps.


Photobucket

Or make some awesome farting sounds... (such a boys exhibit!)

They had another one that you squeezed a bottle and had to guess the smell coming out...
The options of the smell to guess were: Mouth, Armpit, Anus, Foot...
Seriously, NO joke.

Apparently, I didn't read what the exhibit was and made Zenock try it... I got a little too close and
OH MY GOSH... DISGUSTING! It was the armpit smell... EW, gross!!! It was bad.
Never Again.

I don't want to know what the other one's smelled like.


Photobucket

The bubbles and the earthquake chair were by far our favorite.

---


Photobucket

We were able to check off the lovely task of "taxes."

They are submitted and done before February!
(My goal not to drag it out this year...)

It was only accomplished with the help of about 3 bags of pink, red, and white peanut M&M's.
They will seriously kill me in the end.

---

Photobucket

Kamden is finally sleeping in his bed and in his room and only waking up once or twice a night.

He turned 4 months on the 28th!
I'll update more about him after his appointment. :)
Can't wait to see how big my CHUNK is.

---

We accomplished lots more this month -

-My Oldest Baby became a Sunbeam! YIKES! BUT, so fun!
We love his teachers. He loves his teachers and talks about them all week long.
I love being in the room with him during sharing/singing time and watching him raise his hand and get so excited to answer the questions.
-Rain Gutters on the house! FINALLY.
-JC turned into the handy man this month and fixed/built multiple things.
(This is a REAL accomplishment for him - he's not the handy type. The tools are mine.)
-Baby Showers, Relief Society, & Pampered Chef Parties allowed me to have a few nights out this month. Yeah! Love girl time.
-Searched and found new left handed golf clubs to replace JC's old ones (on sale no less). Just in time for the spring season. This last weekend brought 70 degree weather!
GOODBYE winter. :)

-We had a family fun taco night with friends and made the best SALSA ever!
(courtesy of the best "COOK" ever Miss Rebecca.)

You have to try it...
I promise you'll LOVE it. :)


Restaurant Style Salsa
  • 1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
  • 2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies) (1 ORIGINAL AND 1 MILD)
  • ¼ cups Chopped Onion
  • 1 clove Garlic, Minced
  • 1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
  • ¼ teaspoons Sugar
  • 3/4 TBS Salt
  • ¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin
  • ½ cups Cilantro (more To Taste!)
  • ½ whole Lime Juice
Preparation Instructions
Combine whole tomatoes and Rotel, (You will have to pour half in the serving bowl to fit the rest of the ingredients in a blender). Add onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro (add cilantro last or it will change the color) in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like—I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.

Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips, tacos, or cheese nachos.

Yum. Yum. Yum. :)



-We also introduced Zenock to the movie Harry and the Henderson's...
He was terrified at first, he laughed hysterically through the movie, and sobbed at the end when Harry left.
He now pretends to go camping every day with Harry.
We spent the majority of the movie watching Zenock's reactions.
priceless.
I love introducing him to movie's or things that I remember watching and doing when I was little.

---

AND, that was January...

Welcome February!

1 comment:

Logan said...

What a busy January! Who knew it snowed in Alabama!