Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas. Utah. and Part One

Monday:
Currently we are experiencing record breaking snowfall here in Alabama!

We are talking SIX inches or more... that have already fallen.

School was canceled, JC didn't have work - most businesses and government offices were closed.

Even fast food/pizza places were closed.
We tried to order a pizza for the BIG Auburn/Oregon game tonight.. (If you live in Alabama you are either an Auburn fan or Alabama fan. Game days are a fan of red or orange/navy at the stores.) The nearest pizza place open was 50 miles north in Tennessee.

Once again, I just have to laugh. I thought about a week ago when my Mom, sister, and I drove to Logan through the canyon in a blizzard and I was terrified. I hate that canyon... flashbacks came flooding back of early mornings driving to work in snow.
Just an FYI to my Alabama friends: Lowes and Home Depot don't sell snow shovels.
Good Luck!

After being dumped on 3 different times while we were in Utah over Christmas, I remember saying how HAPPY I was to go home to a place where it never snows...
Haha.. I was wrong! :)
---
Wednesday:
Apparently, I am not supposed to finish this. :) This is the second attempt after it being deleted once! Also, am I the only person that sits at the computer and two minutes later is bombarded with interruptions!
I WILL finish this today...
Our snow storm turned into two canceled days of work for JC! Yahoo! Everything was closed, so not much else to do, but sit around and drink Hot Chocolate. :) We are excited for another 3 day weekend in a few days!
---
We LOVED our time/Christmas spent in Utah.
It was a perfect and much needed vacation.
The only downside was there wasn't enough time to see everyone and do everything we would have liked.
We arrived on the 16th of December (after barely making our plane!) and were able to meet up with my family at the Logan temple so that my sister could take out her endowments. It was so fun to be able to see her for the first time and meet her husband in the temple. :)
---
On Sunday December 19th, we were able to bless our little Kamden.

Photobucket

We had planned on just family and couple of JC's close friends to help bless Kamden, but felt so loved when lots of friends were there to support and help us.

Photobucket

My little Kamden is so sweet. :)

A couple of my favorite things from the blessing were:

We had talked to Zenock about blessings and how we were going to bless Kamden when we went to Utah during an FHE earlier in December.

On our way to the church we were going over what we had talked about and how we were going to tell Heavenly Father what we wanted to name our baby.

Zenock looked at us and said, "Well, Heavenly Father.. It's Kamden." :)

We might have to go over that one...

Zenock also was very upset that he couldn't stand in the circle... he was the only boy in the room not in the circle. I will cry the day he is old enough.

Photobucket

The sweetest part of the blessing was when Kamden was told that he and Zenock would grow up and be the best of friends. :)

Photobucket

I feel so lucky to have such sweet/special boys.

---

My sister was married on Tuesday the 21st.

The "event" is a post in itself. I seriously took over 400 pictures that day alone. The thought overwhelms me to think about. It WILL get done. One day. Maybe by the end of January!

---

We were able to spend a few days with my family. My brothers and their families both live in Southern Utah, so it was nice that they were there also to spend time with.

Photobucket

The grandkids favorite thing to do is go "Ghost Hunting" in the basement/storage room. Apparently, it is haunted... Who knew?!?

I was a little worried about Zenock, who is terrified of the dark. BUT, at one point he and his cousin Jailyn were in the room by themselves with the lights out and when I went to check on him, I was told to go away!

Love cousins and imaginations. :)

---

Photobucket

We went and visited Grandpa at school one day... Zenock loved it!

They have completely remodeled the school since JC and I were there... We kept waiting for the "smell" through out our tour (you know the musty, old, books, combination of 300 kinds of perfume smell.) Sadly, it wasn't there. The school looks great though!

---

Family Christmas Parties...

We had a few or a lot. Our entire vacation was a Christmas party... with lots of family, food, and fun!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Christmas Eve was spent with JC's family. His grandparents were able to be there as well.

I was so excited how well Zenock jumped in and bonded/played with his cousins. Cousins are really something special. He needed no introduction and wasn't too worried when we just left him there to play.

---

Photobucket
We went home and let Zenock open he and Kamden's new pjs's and a couple of books to read before bed.
Then we checked in to see where Santa was.. (I have the cutest video of Zenock checking in on Santa. He was SO excited and just "couldn't believe" that Santa was on his way!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

My sister Emily made the sign above for my Dad. She always comes up with the best presents! Whenever my Dad answers the phone and knows who is calling - he says, "Joe's Bar."

We told him his sign would be perfect over the doorway to his "office."

Zenock had a great Christmas and informed us, "I got everything I wanted!" Whew! Santa is always happy to hear that. :) He got a Leapster Explorer/games, a dr kit, lots of Toy Story 3 toys, and a REAL cowboy hat so he could help Grandpa on the farm.

---

Photobucket

More family and fun with JC's extended family.

Min it to win it was hilarious! We were laughing so hard. That darn Hannah sure knows how to shake her hips and get the Jingle Bells out of the box. She's a little diva and is adorable! :) My poor Zenock only knows how to jump up and down...
We'll have to practice for a re-match!

---

Photobucket

It's always fun to get with friends and catch up. Love these girls. I know I can always count on them if I need them.

(thanks for the pic Tati:)

---

Photobucket

Zenock loves planes and trains. He got to go with JC, Grandpa, and cousins to the Train Museum at Ogden Station and the Hill Air Museum.

---

Photobucket

Love this picture of Kamden just chillin' before church. :)

It sums up our vacation in one word... "Relaxing."

(Even though I think we were all sick at some point or for half of our vacation!)

---

Photobucket

Photobucket
Zenock also got to have a fun snow day and go sledding with his cousins.
I think I've had enough snow this winter. I'm ready for Spring.
---
We loved our vacation and loved being able to see those of you that we did get to see!
We returned home just a couple hours before it was time to ring in the New Year.
Thanks to my visiting teachers who left a sweet and sparkling New Years treat on my doorstep!
The last week has been spent trying to catch up, clean up and get back in our routine...
BUT, so far our New Year is off to a great start. :)

6 comments:

Heather said...

Loved the update! :) We went to Utah for Christmas and New Years too. It was great to come back to the Arizona sunshine!!

Allyson said...

I am so amazed by your font and layout skills!! I need to take blog lessons from you!

I'm so glad you had such wonderful and warm family time. Your little Kamden is a DOLL (and I love the name!)

Also great to see cute BEHS girlies after all this time!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Поздравляю вас Старо-Новым годом, желаю вам в новом году успехов и спасибо что вы находите время поддерживать ваш замечательный блог!

Bourgeous said...

What a great vacation! Kamdyn's blessing notes made me teary, what a treat to hear that he and Zenock will be best buddies. I am bummed that our schedules never lined up, but love looking in on your photos. Enjoy the new year!

Shennie said...

Love all the pictures. Glad you had some great times.

Anonymous said...

Is Bigfoot Genuine or false? For more than 400 a long time, there have already been reporting’s of a guy like creature that's wholly covered in hair.
[url=http://www.is-bigfoot-real.com/]bigfoot screams[/url]