Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

I am so behind and have so much to catch up on.

That would be the ultimate goal for the remainder of this week... but, we'll see.
The rest of our week is pretty much already booked and planned for us.
Lots of fun holiday activities. :)

I feel like it should still be June... somehow July-October have gone by WAY too fast and here we are almost to the BIG holidays.
I should be preparing... and actually doing things.
But in reality all I am doing is thinking about things and letting them stir around while I sit and stare at my sweet baby all day long....

WE can't get enough of him.
I love to just stare, smell, and cuddle him.
Babies seem to have that affect on me.

My Mom spent the last ten days with me - taking care of me and my boys, making me delicious food (She made the best pumpkin dessert... a new favorite!), shopping, and keeping me entertained with stories from home.
We love when Grandma comes to stay. :)

While she was here we took a break to take family pictures and stop by the pumpkin patch before all the pumpkins disappeared. We had every intention on making it to the BIG awesome pumpkin patch, but there just isn't enough time.

Sometimes, I wonder if going to the big awesome places is really needed. After hitting up the pumpkin patch down the street and seeing Zenock's excitement. I think sometimes the little things/little places can be just as fun or exciting... especially to a three year old.

No need to out do yourself... something I need to remember!


ONE

Not sure if he was praying... but, apparently picking a pumpkin takes some serious attention and consideration.

I thought for sure he would head straight for the big one... You know the one that costs a fortune.




But, he found just the right one.



The perfect pumpkin!

Hope you are all having a Happy Fall! :)

2 comments:

Ryan Reeder said...

"I should be preparing... and actually doing things.
But in reality all I am doing is thinking about things and letting them stir around while I sit and stare at my sweet baby all day long...."

I guess sometimes that's what life is really all about.

Love you, Sister Carin.

Erin said...

I LOVE that top picture of him. He is so serious about pumpkin pickin'! Your boys are just darling Carin! Hope you are doing well :)