Friday, September 17, 2010

Still here...

Hope that answers all those text/phone messages I've been getting, (but haven't been responding too. I've always been bad at replying... so sorry.)
Not so sure I want to be here though. :)


Photobucket

I made it to 36 weeks!
Yahoo... Except, I'll be 37 on Sunday. I was really hoping that the day 36 rolled around, I would be done. I prepared myself to make it to 36 and a day... not much longer and now I'm driving myself crazy!!! I now know what you mean by the "last month takes forever..." It's been the longest week of my life - and this last month has seriously seemed like it has been the last month for the last 3 months. (got that?)
I could go on and on about the constant backaches, trips to the bathroom, etc, etc... but, I'll save you the information.
When my Dr told me to "take it easy..." (haha.. with my 3 yr old?) Yeah RIGHT!
I tried. Really I did, but I'm not a take it easy type of person.
I cannot hole up on a couch and watch movies, random tv, or anything for longer than maybe an hour and a half. (It's got to be pretty entertaining to keep me there that long!)
I have to be busy.
(I'm not a tv person... hate it. So much waste of time. The reason for our cable bill each month is strictly for... you guessed it, ESPN and Sports Center! We've already been adopted in our ward as the hosts of Utah college football night.) I make the treats and then head to bed... for now.
Back to NOT taking it easy. I was pretty good.... I only put together a crib, dresser, decorated the room, had a couple of good craft days, did my last shopping, decorated for Fall, and have cleaned my house (the works!) at least 5 times in the last two weeks... ajaxing my sink is a daily task.

Photobucket

I CAN'T sit still.
And if that doesn't make this baby come faster... not so sure what will.
I can only hope that means that he is going to be calm, relaxed, and patient.
(Evidently, not like me or his big brother... I think I realized this past week where his traits come from. I need to embrace his hyper, inpatientness (is that a word?) more often. I just need the energy and my body to be able to run after him to do so. :)
I can't even sit still at night. I have nights where I'm up at two and will be up and going ALL day. I'll tell JC I just couldn't sleep and he'll ask what I was thinking about all night... My answer, "Craft Projects." Seriously! My friend put it best when she said at this point in pregnancy you feel like you can conquer the world!
You really do...
That is until the sleep deprivation kicks in a couple of days later and you feel like you are going to pass out walking around Target... which then leads to buying another bag of halloween candy that will somehow help you through the rest of the day.
(It also helps you gain two pounds a week.)

Photobucket

Can you tell I'm literally going crazy. :)
Just ask my Mom. I call her for updates on life daily. SO many exciting things going on back home and I can't take part... right now!
Like my little SISTER who a month ago was headed to Russia the first of December on a MISSION and is now currently ENGAGED. What?!
So excited to meet my future Brother in law!
(The only good part about living 3,000 miles from home is that I can keep a dang good secret... I get filled in on the top secret information before it happens.
One minute I'm laughing with her the next bawling. So glad that she (and my dear husband and sweet Zenock) put up with me right now.
I decided I had better take/post some pregnancy pictures before this little guy comes... Not that anyone wants pictures of themself pregnant (ok, so some do... not me), but since I only have one of me with Zenock... it will be nice to compare with the next one. I don't think my stomach can stretch much further! Thank Goodness this time my face hasn't swollen like it did with Zenock. That was awful. :)
A summary of this pregnancy... besides feeling done at about 6 months and feeling pregnant for the last 3 years. I have no complaints. Everything has gone so well.
---
Just a little update on Zenock.

Photobucket

He is LOVING school.
We had him signed up for a big/christian preschool and then decided to hold off for a year.
He is now enjoying JOY school with 4 other little boys from our ward.
We (the moms) help prepare the lessons and then Miss Jessica teaches them.
(We take our turn helping out/assisting once a month.)
It's been perfect for Zenock.
He is always coming home with a new song to sing and telling us all about what he learned.
His favorite part of JOY school (it is a pre-school franchise... if you haven't heard of it, google it.) would be JOY boy... the puppet boy who comes to visit them at school and they get to tell him what they are learning about.
JC and I just laugh at the name... "Joy Boy." It will be laughed about for years to come. But, seriously, Zenock is obsessed. In the bath tub he puts his wash cloth on his hand and pretends it is Joy Boy and will ask me questions.
The cutest thing I've ever seen. He gets so excited when Joy Boy comes to visit at school and gets mad when he isn't there. HA!
Whoever would have thought JOY boy could bring so much Joy... :)


Photobucket

Zenock got to make this cute little "gingerbread boy" (complete with belly button:) the other day at school. That week they learned all about their bodies.

I love picking him up from school and having him run up to me full of things to tell me. He talks non-stop the whole way home about all the things they did that day, singing me songs, and that he ate his snack all gone. This has to be one of the best things about being a parent is watching them learn.

Nothing better. :)

9 comments:

The Noble Steeds said...

Oh my goodness Carin! You have got to be the cutest preggo! I wish I had your energy. My house wishes too! Oh, and while you are in the picture taking spirit, snap some of your nursery!

Ryan Reeder said...

Whoa, Carin! I've never seen you look like that! You look great!

(Also, FYI, I think there's something going on with Daniel. I'm not 100% sure, but he did say to leave my (our) calendar open around a specific date).

The Trees said...

You are definately one of those cute pregnant girls. I wanted to start a Joy school, but can't find enough mommies who want to work it. They start preschool so young here. So the girls and I do school just the 3 of us. They still love it. Your little Zenock is adorable, love his cheesy smile.

Erin said...

Serious, what a cute pregnant girl! I totally understand your feelings of going so far in this pregnancy with this one. I had Caleb at 34 weeks so when I was pregnant with Claire and got to 34 weeks I thought "Okay, any day now." But a whole MONTH later I was STILL pregnant. It was so frustrating. I think it was easier to go into labor earlier and deal with all the stuff of a preemie than it was to be pregnant for a whole month longer. Good luck with your next couple of weeks or days!

Erin P.

Erin said...

Serious, what a cute pregnant girl! I totally understand your feelings of going so far in this pregnancy with this one. I had Caleb at 34 weeks so when I was pregnant with Claire and got to 34 weeks I thought "Okay, any day now." But a whole MONTH later I was STILL pregnant. It was so frustrating. I think it was easier to go into labor earlier and deal with all the stuff of a preemie than it was to be pregnant for a whole month longer. Good luck with your next couple of weeks or days!

Erin P.

Logan said...

You are looking super cute! Hang in there, those last couple weeks seem to last forever.

Jill said...

You look fantastic! Hang in there, he will be out soon!
Thinking of you!
XO
Your cousin Jill

Bourgeous said...

Carin, you look like a pregnancy model that everyone knows just has a pillow on - lucky! I am excited that you made it 37 weeks and can't wait to hear more about this little boy soon. Take care!

Caroline

Kami said...

You look great! We are so excited! Every time my phone beeps with a text I think it is from you guys! (Especially when people text me at 11pm. Crazies!) It will all be over soon...Good Luck with everything. I am really sad we can't be there but I am more excited for Christmas this year. :)