Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Continued... part two

Summer is BUSY!

Doesn't Summer officially end when school starts?

Well, my baby started pre-school today!
(I admit there were just a few tears before the hallelujah chorus started to sing.)
We took some cute first day of school pictures... Hopefully, they will get posted tomorrow.

Today, I need to finish our Washington trip pictures.
At least to somewhat keep up with my blog and the crazy fact that Summer is slipping away before my eyes.

---

Our three weeks in Virginia went by so fast!

We enjoyed making lots of fun memories with friends. :)

Our last two weeks adventures went something like this...


Photobucket


We visited lots of sites. We never had the chance to go into the library of congress while we lived there. I can't believe we didn't! Another one of my favorite... top 5.



Photobucket

Photobucket
We had some fun dinners with some of our other favorite friends. (They served up awesome dinners, which were just what my pregnancy cravings desired!) I'm still wishing I could just move in and let them cook for me for the next couple of months. :)
Thanks for your sweet hospitality services!!!

It was great reuniting all our little boys after so long. They had a blast jumping on the tramp and driving the gravedigger around the cul-de-sac.
If I had more motivation today, I would post the video where they actually drove/crashed into the ditch and Zenock flew out the door. HILARIOUS! Our little friend Mason was so cute to run and be the first on the scene to help pull them out... It took the rest of us awhile to quit laughing and get there.
Photobucket

Have I mentioned all the good food we had???

Alexandria cupcake was at the top of the list. SO Good. :)
We had fun eating them in the hall and chatting during nap time!
(I only ate four...)



Photobucket

We hit the water park, "Great Waves" one Saturday hoping to cool down and refresh.
The kids had lots of fun, but I was really hoping for COLD water!


Photobucket


We love baseball... It's tradition. :)

SO of course we headed to see the Washington Nationals as soon as they were playing at home.

The "amazing" Strasburg was supposed to be pitching... IT was a SOLD OUT crowd with standing room only. Luckily, we found a nice ball park usher who said she wasn't going to make me stand and found us some seats.... some pretty dang good seats. :) She also got JC free food/drinks. (Awesome!)

Photobucket

So the best part was that Strasburg didn't pitch... his arm wasn't ready.
When the other pitcher walked out... everyone booed and went crazy.
(poor guy. It's hard living up to "Strasburg" who is only TWENTY TWO years old!)
Photobucket
Oh well... We love a good baseball game any day.

Photobucket
Other things we did the last two weeks were...

More Uncle Julio's with my cousins who I haven't seen forever! :)
Shopping at our favorite outlets.
(Zenock and this baby are stocked up for the next year(s)!)
More and more good food.
Friends and more friends.

This list could go on and on, but unfortunately I'm tired and my mind is running on blank...
so we will leave it at that.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Ginger said...

You look so cute pregnant! I get big all over--you are still tiny all over with just a cute round belly. Fun pics. I'm jealous of all the fun you guys are having this summer:)

linda @ CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

That's awesome the usher totally hooked you guys up! Use that pregnancy card all you can! :) Zenock is sure growing into a little boy. wow. How fun! And you like great!!

Everyday Mom Ideas said...

What a cool thing to do! I would love to all these things someday.