Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July...

We had a great weekend celebrating the 4th!

Now we have one week to recover and get ready for the rest of our crazy busy month!
This is the first week in the last month that I've been able to sit at the computer for longer than 5 minutes at a time and not had visitors at our house.

Summer is CRAZY! :)
(But, so grateful that it is... otherwise, I might go crazy nesting and waiting around for October to come!)

---

Saturday we spent the day shopping, relaxing, and then headed off to a baseball game with friends.

The 4th of July is never the same with out hot dogs and baseball. :)
At least since I married into the Larson Family.
Couldn't be happier that I did and that I get to enjoy this little tradition!

Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays!


Photobucket

The many faces of a baseball game...


Photobucket

Huntsville's double A team: The Stars and Homer the mascot.
(We still aren't sure if he is a bear or a skunk?)
Zenock was obsessed with him and finally got enough courage to give him a hug. He hung out right by us for most of the game. We sat a few rows up from third base and the home team dugout.

Photobucket

They did fireworks after the game... Zenock loved it!
It was a fun evening to spend with friends!


Photobucket
We decided next year we should have a party at our house and watch the fireworks. We sat outside and watched them from every side! Nothing is illegal and I have never seen so many fireworks going off at once! It wasn't even the city show!
Photobucket

We bought Zenock some sparklers and pop rocks to have fun with.
Our twenty dollar firework purchase couldn't compare with the hundreds people must have spent around us. I think we'll stick to our sparklers and let others spend the big bucks!



Photobucket

We had a great little Sunday evening 4th of July!

Hope yours was a happy one too!

2 comments:

linda @ CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Carin,
Thanks for the tip on Kohl's! I live right by one so I'll have to swing by and check 'em out today. AND I had no idea you were expecting too!! Congrats! Do you know what you're having? I'll bet Zenock is super excited. How fun.
Linda

Annie said...

awesome!! i love that baseball tradition. it is very 4th-of-july-ish!