Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The month of May...

Seriously, where has the month of May gone?!?

I was doing so well being caught up to date with my journaling...
and then all of a sudden it's been two weeks and my sister calls to tell me she is going through withdrawls and she needs an update.

Thanks for the reminder Emily!

I have loved this little blog of ours.

I love looking back through everything we have done! I just finished/ordered my first published blog book as well as a scrapbook for Zenock. What great memories they are to look back on. :)

Have you noticed the lack of blogging lately? No one is updating their blogs... :) I'm not blaming you, I don't do it much either. Not sure if blogging is going out of style, but just to let you know after finishing my blog book... I think I'm in this for the long haul. Even if my blog gets boring, no one reads it, and I end up duplicating things I have written in the past... (I'm sure this will happen when our second comes along- I need to make sure all is documented like I did with Zenock.) I'm going to keep at it. :)

I've loved going through my blog this past week putting the book together! I can't believe how much we've grown as a family, all the places we've visited/been to, and everything we have accomplished. It was a great reminder to keep me going!

---

Now onto the last few weeks... seriously, time goes by so fast!

I have been organizing closets, my garage, spring cleaning, and everything I can think of.
Today I washed all of my windows: inside and outside, weeded my flower garden, did the laundry, and semi cleaned/picked up the house.
It feels great to be getting so much done, but I'm afraid my pregnant body can't take all of that in one day. Pretty sure I'll be sore tomorrow. :)

As soon as June hits we are going to be plenty busy until this little boy arrives with visitors, vacations, summer events, swimming lessons, etc. etc. I am already feeling the need to pick up the pace and get everything done ASAP!


Photobucket

Taking care of a yard is a whole new experience for JC and I. We LOVE it. :) I love the satisfaction of looking at a freshly mowed lawn or pretty flowers. It also takes lots of our time these days.

After mowing the lawn there are always tons of crickets all over our driveway. Zenock loves to chase them and watch them hop or hop around with them.
I hate when he picks them up, but boys are boys...
He is pretty cute to watch... Zenock that is. :)

For the last month he calls everything and everybody "Little Buddy." I think he picked it up from a friend in the ward that calls him that. Either way we love it and think it is pretty cute every time he says it.


Photobucket

A couple weekends ago we went down to Birmingham with our friends for the day.
We had a great day of playing in the fountain... (glad to know Zenock isn't the only little boy obsessed with water and fountains.) We did a little shopping and ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory! It was great!!! A much needed day out with my family! :)

Photobucket

Afterwards, we came home pulled out the Slip n' slide, bought some treats, got way too into the Jazz game, let Zenock eat licorice for dinner, and enjoyed the night with good friends.

---

My to do list is a mile long and keeps on growing.
The rest of the week you might find me sewing... yeah, sewing.
Maybe, if my projects turn out, I'll be brave enough to share. :)

I also have to start practicing my piano skills - my new calling (one of 3 I have) as the Relief Society pianist. I asked the bishop what he was thinking, tried everything I could think of to get out of it...
i.e. "I don't have a piano to practice." "Practicing with a 3 year old... think about it." "Seriously, ME? I haven't played seriously in like ten years." "ARE YOU KIDDING!"
I don't turn down callings, so I left it open and said I'd be willing to fill in when necessary. I could be a SUB!

I thought I had it figured out and I was off the hook for sure. Then I got called back in...
The bishop mentioned that he was giving me a piano if I accepted the calling.
darn.
An offer I couldn't refuse. :)
My new piano arrives tomorrow... wish me luck.

AND... that's May so far.

9 comments:

The Trees said...

i know what you mean about the lack of blogging lately and I decided the same thing. My blog has replaced my scrapbooking and is our family journal, i love it for me. Zenock is adorable! Your pictures are looking so professional btw...
Happy nesting!

Heather said...

Oh Carin, I love your blog! I think I'm in it for the long haul too. I just finished 3 digital scrapbooks . . if you count pictures on paper w/ journaling. Blog to book is just so much easier then actual scrapbooking. I went back and did one of 2005-2006, 2007-2008, and 2009 . .2010 I'll print off after the end of the year. What company do you use to turn your blog into a book? I'm curious . .let me know. I use blurb.com but I'm wondering if there is anything better out there.

Tatiana said...

You little pianist! I want to see pics of the new piano! And of your little belly, because I'm sure it's little!

Ryan Reeder said...

It sounds like you've got n amazing Bishop.

It might be because you're my sister, but I think I look forward to and enjoy reading your blog more than anyone else's. (Don't tell anyone). :)

ThompsonFamily said...

Love the update! Hey what is your blog book? I think this is something I need to learn!

Kari said...

Wow!! A new piano just for accepting the calling. Where do I get on that list?! I'm sure you will do fine. Have fun and maybe this is a sign that you should teach Zenock too?!

The Traylor's said...

I've only ordered one of my many blog books. Mine only goes into the first few months of 2008 and considering that once I discovered the books I picked up on blogging, I'm sure at this point I'm at least 3 or 4 behind. I look at it often. I'm SO thankful for it. Just wait till yours arrives in the mail and you will want to capture everything. Also, repeats are wonderful. I've so much enjoyed capturing all the little things with Benjamin, it's just as fun to have 'firsts' when it's your second :)

Annie said...

Agreed that:
-May went by way to fast
- no one updates their blogs anymore
- there is no good way to get out of a calling:-)

You are awesome for agreeing to play, I think I would have said no. But that is why I am going to burn and you are not! :-) Zennock is as cute as ever!

Bourgeous said...

It is so fun to read your blog - you guys are always up to something fun and it is amazing watching Zennock grow! Our Bishops must be conspiring with Mrs. Allred I get to play also - but at least I am in Primary though:)