Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Zenock!!!

I'm having a hard time believing my baby is three!

Time flies when you are having fun. :)

We had a "GRAND" Birthday/Birthday party/Birthday party weekend. Complete with lots of fun activities.

....and as a warning to you... the reader - I may or may not have taken waaayyy too many pictures to document this event (which doesn't include our Easter weekend), but since pictures is what you come for and what Grandma's enjoy the best. I'll take the opportunity to say...

You're Welcome.

Photobucket


Before any party begins... you clean. (Although, I don't understand this tradition, (I've done it since childhood), and since you end up having to clean after the party as well, especially when little cupcake hands are involved.)

Just glad the Birthday boy volunteered to help out. He loves to help me clean and mimicks everything I do.

(For proof: I just had to pause from blogging. It was all too quiet in the other room and I had to check out what was going on. Zenock was spraying my wall down with windex and wiping it with a rag. I've taught him well. :)

Photobucket

Waiting for the party to begin.... waiting is indeed the hardest part, especially when presents are involved. I caught him trying to rip them open at least a dozen times through out the next few hours.

Photobucket

FINALLY:)


Photobucket

Some of the friends generously helping open presents. Love it all.

He got so many fun gifts and we feel so lucky to have good friends that love/like our little guy enough to come celebrate with us.

Some of the gifts he got: bubbles, t-ball set, sidewalk chalk, SLIP n' SLIDE (we are so excited for slip n' slide/bbq parties this summer!), clothes, COWBOY boots (I was so excited to give them to him and although he wasn't too interested in opening them, they are his first choice of footwear when we leave the house), Hungry hippos game, spiderman game, microphone, cars, ART kit, and lots more. Needless to say, he was totally spoiled.

We had a family party/dinner/crazy house for a good three hours.

It was a blast!

Photobucket

Blowing out candles... He got it in one try.

Photobucket

Begging to just eat the cupcake.

Photobucket

I love this sweet, sweet three year old boy.

Photobucket

We had a "Jungle" themed party and it was literally a "WILD" good time.

----

Friday, JC took the day off work so we could take Zenock to the movie and have a family day.

We have had beautiful weather (80+ degrees) and it has been so much fun to be outside enjoying the sun.

Photobucket

We took Zenock to Monaco pictures at BridgeStreet (our huge theatre/outdoor mall). We went and saw "How to Train Your Dragon." It was such a cute movie and Zenock loved it... He also loved getting his own popcorn and drink to have during the movie. :)

We were a little worried how he would handle the theatre, but he did so great and I think we have a new family outing planned once a month or so.

JC and I love going to the movies... (that would be the reason my water broke at the movies). Before Zenock was born we were always going to dinner and the movies with friends and on more than one occasion we had seen every movie in the theatre... horrible I know.

Photobucket

After the movie we walked around the shops and let Zenock play in the water fountains.

Do all kids have such a fascination with water?!?

Zenock could play for hours.

Photobucket

He was being so cute... It was a perfect moment to take some pictures.

Photobucket


....


Photobucket


....

Photobucket

....


Photobucket


...

Photobucket

We spent the evening playing outside with new Birthday toys...

Photobucket

...Sidewalk Chalk...

Photobucket


...T-Ball...

Photobucket

We ended the night with Ice Cream cones and slushies from Sonic and a

Grand Slam Home Run! :)

3 comments:

Logan said...

Oh 80 degrees! It sounds so nice. Looks like Zenock had a great birthday and I'm glad that he did so well at the movie theatre.

Shawn and Krystal said...

Happy Birthday to Zenock! What a handsome little guy!

The Noble Steeds said...

Three?!?! Wow. I can't even wrap my brain around that! What a handsome little man you have!