Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Two Weeks and Counting...

Until he turns three that is...
I could cry when I think about it. In fact I have often in the last month or so.
I've been catching up on our scrapbooking and just finished another book. (My excuse for not blogging. :)
Looking back over all his pictures and the amazing fun filled three years it has been has been wonderful.
I could not love my little boy more. He is such a blessing and a joy in our lives. He teaches us daily how to be good parents and shows us an endless amount of love. We are so lucky.
JC and I both agree he is at the funnest age right now.
He is so sweet and says the most hilarious things.
We love that he still cuddles us or lets us cuddle him. Every morning he and I get to cuddle on the couch for half an hour and watch Mickey Mouse. I LOVE and treasure those moments knowing that all too soon, one day, he will be leaving me in the early morning going to school or telling me he's too big to cuddle. :)
He has gotten so big lately.
Potty trained... even going by himself in Nursery. He is so independent.
The other day I wasn't feeling good and was laying next to JC on the couch. He came over to me and gave me a kiss and patted my cheek and started singing Rock a Bye baby.
It can't get much better than that.
I love being his Mom.
He often sings to me... All day long I get to hear his cute voice. He won't let us video him singing, but we finally captured it on my phone. We'll be making a fun cd of him soon. :)
We had every intention of celebrating BIG and throwing a BIG party for him with all of his new friends. The ideas were brewing in my head around Thanksgiving time to go along with his Peter Pan obsession. BUT, due to laziness :) we have decided to celebrate in a different way.
We are spending the day with our little guy...
We'll celebrate the old fashioned way - as a family. :)
Enjoying his first ever Big Screen/Movie Theatre experience
as well as some other fun surprises!
Followed up with his favorite treat in the world...
Birthday Cake.
Every night when we eat dinner, he grabs a cake mix from the pantry and asks me if we can make it... (I never say no to treats, but for the past few weeks, I've told him no - he has to wait for his Birthday!)

Not to mention Easter weekend is two days after his BIG day. More fun and time to spoil our favorite little boy.

Who doesn't love Easter?!?

All I can think about is my Mom's (would be world famous if you ever tried it) potato salad.

I don't even come close to making it to perfection like she can, but it is still pretty darn good.

...

We are getting so darn excited for Summer... (and sunshine!)

It never stops raining here!

The sun came out a couple of weekends ago and we enjoyed our 70 degree weather at the park.

It was LOVELY!

Photobucket

We found the best park near our house. It has a huge playground with so many different play areas. Not to mention the walking/jogging trails... Oh! The Walking Trails! This park just might be our best friend this Summer. :)


Photobucket

Zenock had a blast. We were there for over an hour and didn't do everything.


Photobucket

He loved this little racecar.


Photobucket

And the Teeter Totters with Dad.


Photobucket

We are ready for lots of playtime outside...


Photobucket

If only the sunshine would last longer than a day around here.

There is SO much to look forward too. :)

3 comments:

ThompsonFamily said...

Sounds like Zenock and Cooper have birthdays right close to each other! Coop's is the 4th.
I am soooo jealous of that park! Cooper would absolutely LOVE that car!! And that awesome slide!

Bourgeous said...

I can't believe how fast the past 3 years have gone! Happy good weather - nothing is better then getting to the park! Silly thing, I must be craving picnic food also, I was thinking about your mom's potato salad - yum.

gelvin said...

He has gotten bigger since we saw him. You guys look and sound like you are doing great! you definitely need to let us know when you are coming out we would LOVE to see you!