Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Flying!

Not much going on around here lately... :)
Same ol'... same ol'
We have been busy with our day to day activities.
We did get out a few weeks ago and went to the Park to fly Zenock's Buzz Lightyear kite.
He is obsessed with Buzz Lightyear.
He has Toy Story2 memorized...
And walks around the house saying... "NO, I'm Buzz Lightyear!"
Is it sad that we are really looking forward to the 3rd one coming out in June!?!

Photobucket

JC thought it would be a nice/calming/relaxing outing for our family...
My question was... Is anything ever calming or relaxing with a TWO year old???

Photobucket

It was fun watching these two in action.

Photobucket

I love this little guy lately.
We have had lots of fun hanging out with eachother, trying to find activities to keep us busy during these dark, dreary, winter months. :)

Photobucket

He surprises my everyday with how much he knows, remembers, and understands.

Photobucket

One of my favorite things are his prayers which he has insisted on saying "ALL by himself" lately. Nothing is as sweet or more tender to parents than hearing there child's prayer.
His go something like this...
"Heavenly Father...
Thank You for this day.
Thank You for Church.
Thank You for Sister and Brother Borden
(his nursery leaders.)
Help Rachel to not bite me...
(The little girl in nursery who bit him for stealing her toy. :)
I love you so much.
Name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
When we try to help him or slip in something else to be blessed, he tells us, "NO, Mom, You do not help me."

Photobucket

He is our joy. We love him so much.
That is until JC tells him to not let go of the kite and he looks up at his Dad, smiles, and does what any two year old would do.... He Lets Go.
Off went Buzz Lightyear.
We thought he might float down, but 10 minutes later we were standing there COLD and watching him fly higher and higher.
We finally left, hoping that Buzz would "eventually" find a good home.

The Circus is coming to town this weekend! I'm not a huge fan of Circus atmosphere, but the show is pretty cool and Zenock loved it last year. I'm excited to see his big smile when he sees the Elephants and Tigers. :)

8 comments:

The Trees said...

I love all these pictures! How sweet of him to Donate his kite like that. Hopefully it will go to someone deserving :)

Shawn and Krystal said...

How cute! The pictures are priceless!

Maria said...

I love these pictures of zenock. he looks so cute and grown up. I love that he wants to say his prayers all by himself. What a cutie......sorry to hear about buzz. Maybe he'll land at our house.

Tatiana said...

So darling! i LOVE HIS CUTE LITTLE PRAYERS! wHAT A VERY VERY CUTE LITTLE GUY! i HOPE HE DOESN'T GET BIT ANY MORE EITHER. :)

The Noble Steeds said...

Holy cow. I can't believe what a big boy he is. I'm lovin' these pictures AND his prayers. What a cutie!

Heather said...

Jace STILL loves Buzz Lightyear and we are anxiously awaiting Toy Story 3 to come out also. When he was 3 he went through a phase where he thought he was buzz lightyear and would fly around the house. Must be the age.

By the way . .I think I have Toy Story 2 memorized too. How sad is that.

Amy W said...

I LOVE these pics!

Annie said...

HA! I love that he let go of the kite, just like a kid! So cute!