Friday, January 22, 2010

a little close?!

I remember a little rule when dating that when there is an awkard pause or you can't think of a word to say to the person (because let's say your just not interested in divulging personal information of what you're really thinking) that you talk about the weather...
Not sure if that is the case when blogging, since my last post was dedicated to weather and as is this one...
SURE... I could talk about a LOT of things that have been going on, for instance:
I turned twenty six last week!? I'm really starting to feel the effects of getting older... I always give myself two weeks to decide on New Years resolutions and then put them into action after my birthday... One being to excercise daily (like everyone else.) Not only have I noticed those bags of M&M's I devoured last year are now starting to make appearances on my body, but I also have noticed after a week of intense work outs that I do not bounce back as quickly from intense workouts as I once used too. It hurts to sit, walk, and do pretty much anything. :)
I did enjoy a great date night for my birthday with two handsome boys.
(And thanks to you for all the wishes and cards!)
MAYBE, I could write about adventures in potty training a two year old...
on second thought, maybe I won't. That is a pretty rough subject at our house lately. We'll just say... It's happening.
OR, I could write about something fun and how JC and I have turned into superior skilled craftsmen in designing and creating DIY projects.... BUT, we'll wait until the projects are finished and let you decide how "skilled" we really are.
HOW ABOUT, my sweet little boy who sings to me all day long. His new favorite songs are... I'm a child of God, The prayer song (Not sure exactly what it is called... It starts, "I begin by saying Dear Heavenly Father.") I love hearing him sing, especially primary songs. He also has another favorite song I catch him singing regularly around the house.... "Down" by Jay Sean
He sings,
"Even if the sky is falling down.
Down. Down.
Doowwwn, Ooohhh"
It makes me smile.
BUT, really sometimes the weather is just a little bit more exciting.
Like yesterday's SEVENTY THREE degree weather!
Last night as I was fixing dinner I heard an old familiar sound... Not one that I'm too fond of... AT ALL.
In fact this sound replays over and over in my nightmares.
It lets fear overtake my entire body.
I start to panic.
It is the sound of a tornado siren.
We've experienced a few of these before.
You can read the stories here and here. :)
It never gets any less scary.
I ran to tell JC (who was in the shower) that the sirens were going off...
When we opened the back door this is what we saw.


Photobucket

Just glad this little one wasn't moving towards us. It left it's path of damage... including picking up a truck with two people in it and slamming it into the side of a house.

I'm considering the fact that 73 degrees in the middle of January mixing with cold air maybe isn't such a good thing.

I knew this was coming, but thought I had some time to wait since I think the season doesn't officially begin until March-June.

Lovely.

Photobucket



Photobucket

I guess this is what I get for wanting to live in Sweet Home Alabama. :)

7 comments:

Ryan Reeder said...

There's one difference between Utah and Alabama--they may get a half-inch of snow and go nuts, but if we had one little twister like that, we'd still (and are) talking about it ten years later.

Also, who made up these rules about dating? And where can I get a copy? Are they hard-and-fast, or more like guidelines? Can they be amended if I don't like them?

Also, even if you're 26, you were still born eight years after me. (I'm not going to say you're necessarily "younger" than me, because that may no longer be true in all senses).

Thanks for keeping up the blogging. You know you're one of the ones I look forward to reading the most.

Heather said...

WOW! That's scary. Craig's parents lived in Oklahoma during 2007 and had a few scares with tornado sirens too. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. It just rains here constantly. I miss the Southern Utah sun!

Tai and Joe said...

Holy cow! I would be freaked out. I'm glad that nothing happened.

Jacque Hadlock said...

Wow! That would be exciting in not such a good way! I bet you are learning to be prepared though! Yeah we are potty training too... there are lots of stories to tell but not all good:) I do think it is funny though how they are now curious about all their body parts... it makes me laugh some of the things Josie says. And Happy birthday... sorry I missed it!

Allyson said...

OH MY GOSH. That was the scariest/funniest post ever! Did you take that picture? So great! I love reading your blog.:)

The Traylor's said...

Glad ya'll are okay!

Brian and Shara's beautiful family said...

YIKES!!!! Y'all need to move back to Virginia I guess. Although - we just got ANOTHER snow storm. UGH! But....snow storms are a little safer than tornados I'd say.