Tuesday, December 22, 2009

December :)

We have had quite the December! I can't believe we are only two days from Christmas! :)
I told myself to keep things simple this year...
I wasn't going to do all the little things... like Christmas cards... I thought maybe I would skip a year...
A few days AFTER Thanksgiving my cute husband asked me when we were doing family pictures for Christmas cards... (This is the same husband that HATES family pictures for Christmas cards.) I thought... "OK, I'll do a Christmas Card." AND, then it started...
I quickly rushed to call a photographer and on the coldest day in Alabama's history...
We took pictures for a Christmas card. :)
This cold COLD outing may or may not have resulted in my child getting a serious ear infection... (some type of random bacteria growing out of his ear!) Lovely... We haven't dealt with ear infections since he got his tubes in last January. After two doctor visits and 4 different antibiotics... HE is finally feeling happy again and running around the house singing, "Jingle Bells" saying, "Ho HO Ho, Merry Christmas!" and inviting our mail man who I am sure is sick of bringing packages to the door... (that's what you get when all your family lives out of state!) to come in and play.

Then sometime in our crazy December... Our computer crashed again. The blue screen of death which we lovingly refer to it as, appeared for the fourth time this year.
After thoughtful consideration... we decided to trash the dang computer and buy a new one... (Although, now I can't say if it was a good thing or a bad thing since I'm really loving this new computer. Just glad that I had all of my scrapbooking and pictures on my portable hard drive!)

We've enjoyed fun Christmas parties and events with friends.
It's a good thing I finished Christmas shopping and wrapping presents early in December. :)


The last couple of days we've spent in the kitchen making treats for neighbors and for ourselves...

One

Want to be my neighbor???
Zenock loves treats and is always negotiating for "one more."
***
I feel like today things have finally calmed down a little bit from our busy month and I'm set to enjoy the rest of the week...
Today we made sugar cookies...
A fun tradition I remember doing every year with my family.

two

Zenock was a great help in cutting out the trees and stars...

three

And throwing flour ALL over the floor.


four

And eating the cookie dough. :)


But, it was LOTS of fun!
We are so excited for Christmas... counting down the days...
I can't wait to surprise Zenock with his present. He will be so excited. He is at the perfect age for Christmas. :)
Hope you have a Happy Holiday!

Christmas cards-p003

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

The Reeder's said...

What a wonderful Mom you are! Doing everything I always tried to do and so much more!! I love you!! Mom-

The Noble Steeds said...

I can't believe how BIG Zen looks! He is so adorable!

Heather said...

Cute Christmas Picture! . .and yes, I would LOVE to be your neighbor.

The Reeder's said...

I see the amazing cake filled candies.. mmmm :) AND your new camera is making me jealous and wanting me to become a photographer again! I love your pictures!!! And did you really ask if I wanted to be your neighbor?! That's not even a question.. I just have to turn 18 first.

Annie said...

I DO wish you were my neighbor :-) Merry Christmas!