Thursday, December 10, 2009

Shadows...

I absolutely am in love with my "SWEET" little boy. He has been so perfect lately. I love the way he comes up to me when he's been in trouble and says,

"Sorry Mom, I'll be good."
(sometimes telling Dad before hand... "I was bad, I'm gonna go tell Mom sorry.")

or

"I love you Mom... I love you SO MUCH!"

Little things like that make my day.

I love when he is in a cuddling mood and tells me...

"Mom, Hold me like a baby, ok?"

Of course I'll never say no to that.

or when he gets excited...

"I'll take a nap and then we can go play with friends, Woohoo!"

or when he compromises with me and says,

"How about this one..."


Zenock has never been a good sleeper. He wakes up at least once every night... (It's been about six months or more since I remember not waking up). He runs into our room and tells me, "Mom, I so scared."

Monday night we had our FHE lesson on prayer. One of the things we said was that we could ask Heavenly Father to help us not be scared. That night when we said prayers with Zenock it went something like this...

Mom: "Help me to not be scared..."
Zenock: " Help me to not be scared... of shadows and Peter Pan and Captain Hook."

IT was so dang sweet and cute and heart wrenching! So much was meant in that sweet prayer. What have we done!!! It was an eye opening moment, knowing that as much as he loves Peter Pan... He is also terrified. At least we know what he is scared of now. It looks as though our trip to Disneyworld in the spring might have to be delayed awhile... (sorry Kami.) Can you imagine if he were to meet Captain Hook and Peter Pan in person!?!

My poor sweet innocent little boy.
Oh how I just want to hold him and protect him from ever being scared.



2 comments:

Linda @ Craftaholics Anonymous said...

What a sweet little guy you have!
Linda

Annie said...

that is seriously one of the sweetest things I've heard in a long time! isn't it interesting when you can kind of get into the head of a child??