Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009*

Photobucket

We had a wonderful Christmas... just us three. :)

We had lots of fun being together and enjoying our happy holiday that ended all too soon.

We are excited for another four day weekend with JC this week...
Photobucket

We took millions... (seriously) of pictures and loaded up on good Christmas Eve food, treats, and snacks.

Christmas Eve we spent cuddled up together on the couch watching movies, talking to grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters, etc via skype!

It was awesome being able to be a part of JC's family Christmas Eve festivities.

We love Skype! Zenock loves it too, unfortunately he thinks Grandpa and Grandma live in the computer. He also begs me regularly to talk to Aunt Emi on the computer.

Photobucket

We let Zenock open two presents on Christmas Eve...

Of course he got new jammies...

Photobucket

And Grandma's present was an animated Nativity dvd for us to watch.

It was a great teaching tool and by the end Zenock was telling us all about baby Jesus.

A perfect way to start our Christmas celebration!

Photobucket

JC and I had fun waiting up for Santa Claus to come and get a sneak peak at what he brought!

Four days before Christmas Zenock gave JC and I the BEST present ever... A FULL nights sleep. He slept all through the night from 9-8. Hallelujah! The next night he woke up once, but then slept in until 9:30!!! Since then, he has slept through the night EVERY night!

It was a perfect present.

Especially for two parents who haven't slept through the night since their baby was NINE months old. (No joke) He also has NEVER ever in his life slept past 8:00 in the morning. Nine thirty was absolutely amazing! :)

He normally wakes up around 7 and we hear him come running through the house to our bedroom, open the door, and say, "Mom, I want a {shake}" or a "waffle"...

Christmas was hilarious. He had to run past the tree to our room. We heard his little feet running and then suddenly come to a halt... A few seconds pass, then our door opens- he leans in and yells, "Mom, DAD! My bike! Presents! Santa came!"

Priceless.

Photobucket

HE was so excited and pumped up for his new bike. I have never seen such excitement on one little boys face. Seriously, it was hilarious to watch. :)

Photobucket

He is the proud new owner of a four wheeler!


Photobucket

It took us a half hour to get him to get off his bike and to open his "other" presents.

Photobucket

It took us all morning to open presents. After he would tear into the present and open it, he would want to get it out and play with it for awhile.

He loved his Handy Manny tool belt set! Thanks to his cousins Hannah and Madeline! :)


Photobucket

Awhile back Zenock got a little nerf gun at a restaurant and played with it for hours shooting JC and I. I was shocked that he even figured it out on his own and could work it. I was excited to get him the real thing... I made sure to get two of them for JC and Zenock - from Mom. Still wondering if that was a wise decision. The other night I got pelted right in the eye... and it wasn't Zenock who hit me.

More stories coming...

Photobucket

Drumsticks! I think we might have a musical genius in our house... He loves everything to do with music. JC taught him how to take a wooden hammer and drum on a tin box... He carries around his little boombox and will turn on the music and drum along. The wooden hammer scared me a bit, so I found some "real" drumsticks with soft tips so he can drum on anything he wants now. (It's also a little bit quieter now!)



Photobucket

JC has asked for a game system our entire marriage... Every year I've made up an excuse why we can't or shouldn't get it. Example: He was in school and he wouldn't study as much if he had one. Secretly, it was because I don't care for them all that much... Maybe it has something to do with the enormous amounts of time I spent when I was first married/dating watching JC and his friends have, "Nintendo tournaments." I hated those days-nights. :)

Last year I had him convinced I got one. He was devastated on Christmas when we didn't really get one and I felt really bad. So this year I made up for it- everything he wanted!

I went with the Wii, because I told him it is more family oriented...

(I still have a grudge against those xbox days.)

We had a lot of fun playing games all day... Zenock even got to join in.

Photobucket

Zenock got another vroom-vroom car (remote controlled) that he can drive around.

Photobucket

He loves anything that can drive.


Photobucket

Farm Set from Grandpa, Grandma, and Aunt Emily...

Grandpa is always telling/inviting him to come visit him on the farm and help him drive the tractor.

Whenever we talk about a farm or see a picture of a tractor or a farm... It is "Grandpa's Farm."


Photobucket

Through out Christmas Day JC and I had numerous nerf gun wars... These weren't simple little I shoot him and he shoots me. They were all out wars... lasting upwards of an hour. It was hilarious hiding all over the house waiting to get the perfect shot. :)

It was also hilarious when Zenock got hit...

He would act so dramatic and get up, yell out "Ouch DAD!", grab his side, and limp away.

Photobucket

He had just been hit and was on his way down. :)

Classic.

Sadly... when it's just three of you, you have a lot of entertainment to make.

Photobucket

The guy behind the gun...

Photobucket

Another just been hit...

Photobucket


Playing with his train set from Grandpa and Grandma Larson... He LOVED it!

We loved spending Christmas at home this year and enjoyed making new traditions and memories. We also loved being able to talk to numerous family members through out the day on Skype.

We definitely got spoiled and feel very blessed for all that has happened this year and all we have been able to do! We can't wait to see what 2010 holds in store for us!



Photobucket


We had the {A's} over after Christmas for a little DDR competition... It got pretty intense.

I'm sure there will be plenty more. :)

Hope you had a Happy Holiday!


1 comment:

Logan and Ryan said...

I loved Zenock's picture on his new bike. He looks so excited. He is too stinkin cute. I used skype a lot at work and it really is the best thing ever. I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas.