Thursday, November 5, 2009

Today...

Today I'm taking it all back.

All the sweet words I said about my son.

I'm thinking about naming my blog...

"The frustrations of a Mother with a TWO year old."

Today...

We have changed clothes twice...
Once for washing his hands and soaking himself with the water...
Once for dumping peaches down his shirt and gluing his pb&j to his shirt...

I spent the last 45 minutes fixing his dresser.
He decided to use the drawers as a step stool to get to the top.
Of course one of the drawers sliders snapped and broke and he fell to the bottom.

I offered comfort and tried to discipline at the same time.
I then told him he needed to take a nap... (I needed him to take a nap.)

Our nap time goes something like this...
Zenock: "I don't want to take a nap... I want to play"
I lay down by him and pretend to be asleep...
Zenock: {Shouting} "Dad! Oh gosh, Help ME! DAD! Come Here now! DAD! HELP ME!"
(Dad is at work.)

Finally about two minutes into the shouting he stops for a minute, puts his fingers in his mouth, (I hate to break this habit... it's the only thing that calms him down) and falls asleep.

Quiet.

Did I mention that last night he put my good running shoes in the washer and turned it on high/hot setting.... possibly shrinking them.

I'm not a mean person... I don't want to be a mean mom, but I sure as heck feel like one lately.

P.S. He is cute and sweet... when he is sleeping. :)

***

{I have decided that I need to document all these things for future use when he tells me that he was so good as a child. Hahaha! I told JC the other day that Zenock better make millions to pay for the therapy I will need from him making me crazy.}

6 comments:

The Noble Steeds said...

I love your posts, Carin. If anyone can do it, you can!

Ryan Reeder said...

Wish I could come babysit for you, to give you a break. For free.

The Traylor's said...

I love that you're documenting it all. It will be fun to look back at later and laugh. Sometimes that is the only thing that will calm me down in the heat of the moment is to remind myself that it WILL be funny later. Later might be forty years, but eventually we'll look back and laugh at all the crazy things are boys did. And we'll pat ourselves on the back for having to have ever committed ourselves. We'll sit back and smile and laugh when they have little boys of their own :)

Heather said...

I'm glad I'm not the only mom that feels this way. Only Jace is 4 and still driving me crazy half the time. Ditto on them making enough money to pay for our therapy. I'm with you there.

The Walkers said...

Is he clingy, says "no" to everything, buckles down and makes all his limps loose so you can't pick him up off the floor in the grocery store, still puts things his mouth that he knows he's not supposed to, smears vasline and lotion all over the mirrors, etc? I remember when Caleb was going through the terrible two's it was one of the hardest times of being a mommy so far. I forgot about those times until now, now that Lily is going through the same thing. I am now vowing to adopt the rest of our children and they will be 3+. It is definitely a phase and you'll LOVE the 3's. Hang in there!

Bourgeous said...

You put it well! I think that I look forward to bedtime like it is Christmas - sleeping children are so darn content. I love his Peter Pan costume.