Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween!

A few days before Halloween we finally got around to carving/painting our pumpkins...
Zenock has had a little cold all week, but was so excited about painting his pumpkin... even with snot running down his face. :)

***

Friday night we had our ward "Trunk or Treat." He was beyond excited for all the candy and "friends" that were there.

We have had Zenock's costume now for awhile and have been so excited to dress him up. JC and Zenock both have an obsession with Peter Pan...
so there really wasn't any debate when we came across his costume...


He loved being/dressing up like Peter Pan... The only downside was that "he couldn't fly." Which he told us on numerous occasions. One of our conversations went like this... (of course, I have a husband that eggs it on.)

JC: Zenock can you reach up in the sky and pull the moon down for me...
{Zenock reaching as high as he can...}
Zenock: But Dad, I can't fly to Neverland.

Halloween Night we tried to do some trick or treating... BUT, "This kid" is so dang dramatic! I swear I am always saying... "This kid..." At those moments I don't claim him as mine, because I know/swear I wasn't like that as a child. AND at those moments, I just want to throw him away.

Dear CPS...
If you are reading... I'm totally kidding. I love my sweet/endearing little boy!!!


We practiced Trick or Treating on our door before we left the house... His practices went so well and his little "Trick or Treat" voice was dang cute. BUT, the real thing didn't go so well...

I have an overly friendly child. At every door he insisted on going inside. It was a "friends" house and he wanted to go in and play. He didn't quite understand that we just get candy and leave... IS the concept of getting candy and leaving that hard to understand?!? :)


So we had a few talks, a few melt downs, and some crying along the way. We did enjoy a Happy Halloween and had a lot of fun with our little
Peter Pan.

***

Now...

Yeah! for November! Bring on the Holidays!

6 comments:

The Reeder's said...

Oh my gosh Carin, he is so dang cute!! How do you ever win a battle! No you weren't that dramatic, some of your siblings were close though. What a wonderful patient mom you are!!
Love ya, Mom

Heather said...

Brooke had a meltdown too. Good thing I wasn't there for it. I got to hand out candy while Craig took the kids trick or treating. :)

Shawn and Krystal said...

Cutest Peter Pan I've ever seen! I love how he practiced trick or treating on your own door! Good idea! and Zenock wanting to go inside and play at everyone's house is just too funny!

Baird Family said...

Such a cute costume, especially on little Zenock! I think our two boys would get along great. Trevor has the same attitude that EVERYONE is his friend. It's a little scary sometimes, so I feel your pain.

Erin said...

Whats a holiday without a good old melt down?! We had a few meltdowns at our house too! Your little guy looks so cute all dressed up!!

Horner Family said...

What an adorable Peter Pan Zenock made! Tyler was Peter Pan too and didn't look half as good...don't tell him I said that. :-) Your blog is so cute Carin!