Wednesday, October 7, 2009

little boys.

I love little boys.
They are the sweetest. Most mischievous. Make you laugh until it hurts. Daring. Stunt devils. Show-offs. Independent little things. This list could go on and on.
They also give the best cuddles, big hugs, and kisses whenever you need them.


This little boy fits right into all of the above.


Oh how I love him. He has this obsession with Handy Manny right now. He knows all the "Tools" names and characters. (I don't know how, I think I've seen the show as many times as he has and I couldn't name them.) He knows the songs they sing on Handy Manny and when he is fixing something or cleaning something, he tells me... "Sing Handy Manny Mom."

The other day he slipped and fell... hard. After, crying for a few minutes, he finally looked at me and said, "Handy Manny fix it all better." He ran for the bathroom, climbed up on the counter and pulled out his Handy Manny band-aids.

I didn't know if I should cry because my child is so independent these days or if I should cry because I have been replaced by Handy Manny. Mommy kisses no longer make it all better....
Sad. Sad. Day. for both of us.

For the last three days, he has had to wear his Handy Manny band-aids everywhere we go and all day long. Don't you miss the days when simple things made everything all better???

Today my simple things are Fresh Rhodes homemade (kinda) wheat bread. Blue Bell Rocky Road Ice Cream. The Sun Shining through our windows on a perfect Fall Day. A fresh scrubbed, clean house. One cute little boy cuddled up beside me taking a nap as I type.

We are surely loving and enjoying life. :)

***

A couple of my other favorite Zenock things... before, I forget.

Zenock loves to give us BIG HUGS. Whenever he gets excited or has done something "hug worthy." He runs over and yells, "BIG HUG!" with arms outstretched. (This one will never get old.)

JC comes home everyday from the gym and has a Gatorade. He told Zenock "once" that it was a drink to make him "Big and Strong." Now, Zenock tells me all the time that he needs a "Big and Strong Drink."

Getting Zenock to eat at times is a challenge... (he's two?!) The other night we started telling him to eat more and pounded our fists on the table while saying, "More! More! More!" Now, every time Zenock eats, he pounds his fist and says "More!" and then tells us, "Mom, Dad, do it!"
...........
(At least he eats, but we are a little worried about the consequence this might have next time we go out to eat.)

One day Zenock and I were driving down the street and I pointed to a BIG Dalmatian dog and told Zenock to look at the dog. He replied, very seriously and thoughtfully, "No Mom... It's a cow." (One of his favorite movies is 101 Dalmatians... I'm thinking it's time to go visit Grandpa's farm.)

Zenock's favorite game is to stay by the door and when we finally notice he is there, he will take off running down the sidewalk giggling. Hoping that we will run after him and chase him.

Zenock knows how to unlock and lock the door... The other day, JC and I walked outside to look at something. I heard a click behind me and of course our little sweetheart had locked us out... in bare feet, with no cell phones, and no keys. We tried for 15 minutes to get him to unlock the door... in which he replied while eating a handful of candy corns and smearing them all over the glass on the door, "I don't want to!"
Lovely.
Luckily, the model home down the street was open and had a contractors key and luckily we hadn't switched the lock on our back door yet.
Zenock on the other hand.... wasn't so lucky. He had fun in time-out when we finally got in. :)


***

Did everyone else love conference?!? I always come away feeling so refreshed. This one will definitely be one of the most memorable....

The announcement for a temple to be built in our hometown...

Brigham City, Utah.

I'll be honest... I cried and cried. It made me miss everything about home. What an awesome feeling it was to hear it being announced.

Seriously, how AMAZING is that. How lucky we are to have so many temples around us. JC and I had just been talking about it the week before to our 2nd counselor and his wife who brought us cookies. They are from Hyrum and JC was telling them that it was prophesied by Brigham Young that there would be a temple in Brigham one day. They didn't believe us! :) I'm sure they do now... but, funny coincidence.

I'm still in awe, but joyfully excited!

9 comments:

linda @ Craftaholics Anonymous said...

I was estatic too when I heard BC was getting a temple! So cool.
Sorry to hear Handy Manny has replaced you! That made me laugh!

Findley Family said...

This makes me excited to have my own little boy :)

The Noble Steeds said...

What a funny boy Z has become. Miss you guys.

Heather said...

Dora bandaids fix everything at our house, even when there isn't an actual owie. I bought them about a week ago and we've almost gone through the whole box. Next time I think I'll get the boring regular bandaids so they don't need to be used all the time.

Don't feel too bad about Zenock locking you out. Jace has done that a couple times to me too. The other day I had to climb through the window to get back in.

Cass said...

Boys are the best! Your little guy is so cute! Sorry we missed you guys in Washington DC, that would have been so fun to get together. We were only off by a couple of weeks. But it looks like you're on to bigger and better. That's really exciting about the temple. I actually thought of you when they announced it.

Amy W said...

I cried too!! I wonder where it will go??? Your little boy is getting so big!!

Swa said...

Whew, maybe there are some fun things to look forward to with our babies growing up :) I was so excited to hear about the Brigham City temple, too. I instantly thought about the whole Larson family. Congrats guys!

Tatiana said...

My "expert" opinion is Nikon. I was wondering too, but as I did some research and ask tons of questions, I found that you can "grow" with nikon a lot more than with cannon. Cannon only has a few "steps" as far as moving up the camera ladder, where nikon has a lot more options. There are only like 3 cameras for cannon and nikon has like 5. So my d40 was the entry level d-slr and I've totally loved it to allow me to get started and learn the camera basics as I've started to take pictures, but now I'm ready to move up. Where the Cannon's entry level is the XTsi {or something like that} which is around $750 and the next step up is around $1000. Disclimer: This is how it was when I bought my camera in Jan, but I know Nikon has come out with different cameras since {D3000} but I haven't seen anything new from Cannon, except the D7 which is like a super professional, top of the line.

Hope that helps, for me "expert" opinion.

Erin said...

My mom gave those toy missionaries to Bryson and I think she got them at Deseret Book. :)