Monday, July 27, 2009

We found it...

I couldn't ask for anything more perfect for our little family.

JC and I were supposed to fly down to Alabama... (our trip was paid for)... unfortunately, to fly Zenock down with us, it would cost about $1300 dollars!!! For a two year old's ticket?!? What the heck! We were able to arrange some things with JC's work and we were able to rent a car and drive down to Alabama. (ELEVEN hours... in one day... with a two year old.) After a few melt downs we got to Huntsville late Sunday night. Our search for our "perfect" home began early Monday morning.

Monday we spent the day looking at about twenty different houses. I had really tried to do a lot of research before we left on the towns, schools, etc. I knew where I wanted to live and had most of the houses picked out. So things went pretty smoothly. We have an amazing realtor who we absolutely love. As we were driving around, Zenock kept telling us from the backseat... "I want a house!" I felt so bad for our little guy who had already had his limit of being in the car.

Our perfect house ended up being the last house we went to see. I was hooked. There were so many things about it that I loved. The house next to it was also for sale and the agent for the community wanted to show it to us as well. JC fell in love with that one. I liked it a lot too. We ended up going back and forth between the two for the next day and a half. BUT, we finally made the decision to go with house number one....

It wasn't all hard work... We were able to get in some fun while we were in Alabama. Lots of swimming and fun shops to check out. :) My kind of town. We really fell in love with the town. It seems so much more relaxed than anything where we are now. Everything was so green and the mountains... (I would call them hills) are so pretty. Not to mention the fields... fields of corn. I totally felt like I was driving down a street in Harper or Tremonton. Loved it. JC and I both kept saying how "at home" we felt and how we may never be able to leave one day.


The Inside... so many details to love. The house is NEW construction, which we love. Not to mention we didn't have to go through the hassle/decisions of building and we didn't have to pay for all the building costs of a new home. It is in a New subdivision... about a year old. So there will be lots of new homes and new neighbors to meet and become friends with. We are so excited to actually have room for when family and friends come to visit... and not have to completely rearrange our house and lives. Yeah! :)

We put in our offer and it was accepted a day and a half later!!! We drove out to the house as soon as we found out and they already had a SOLD sign put up. That is an "awesome" feeling.


We hated the fact that we can't just move in tomorrow and that we had to drive all the way back to Virginia. The next month is going to go by sooo slow, but there is so much on my to do list... I'm sure we will keep busy. On our way home, Zennie kept talking about, "his house." We just feel so lucky and blessed that we are able to give him a house at this time in our lives. We just can't wait to be back "Home."


19 comments:

Heather said...

That is so exciting Carin! Are you planning on staying there long term then? I can't wait until I'm actually able to BUY a house. Until then rentals will have to do. I'm dreading Craig going back to school because I know we'll be back in an apartment again.

Chase and Ashley Winegar said...

Cute house! I LOVE it! We'll have to come and visit you guys!

Tori said...

Congrats!! I love the feeling of 'home' and the perfect house. It's super cute!!

Bourgeous said...

YEAH! I am so excited for you and your cute family! Alabama is lucky to have the Larsen family.

The Hutchinsons said...

Oh my goodness you are making me sooo house hungry. I seriously feel a pang in my chest right now because I want a house sooo bad. I am so happy for you guys but I can't lie I am extrememly jealous. YOu have a yard. SOOOO awesome. It looks so nice I think your house is so pretty. YOu will make it so cute inside too.

Brian and Callie said...

I love the house! Congratulations :)

Tatiana said...

Yeah! So glad the hunt is over for you! We've been packing this last week and I feel like you do, I just can't wait to move. Saturday is the big day, so a little sooner than you, but I love your house! So cute and some southern charms. I've talked to April about our little plan, but no one else yet. I need to look at tickets and talk to everyone else. As soon as we get settled in. Love you guys!
Tati

Erin said...

It's so cute! I love it!

Kyle & Jessica Bass said...

So cute!! Where is your house at? We are having ours built in Madison in a new sub. Ours is called Town Lakes. We love Huntsville also! I can't wait to move!!

The Noble Steeds said...

Your house is so cute. I'm going to have to call and hear all about it.

Annie said...

What a beautiful house! I am so happy for you guys - you will love decorating your own home!

Jill said...

Hooray for you guys! What a great house. You post the best photos, I have to say my favorite is you holding Zenock by the sold sign as he is squirming away from you -it perfectly depicts this stage in your life:-) Love it!
-Jill H

Destri said...

YAy! I remember the feeling of my first home....nothing like it, I am sooo happy for you guys! it is so pretty too. You'd better post some pics of what you do inside! Zenoc is adorable, I will definitely look you guys up if we are ever in the area!

Swa said...

It is so cute you guys! Congrats (on the new home as well as making the long drive down there)

Myles and Elsie Jones said...

Carin you are so positive about every thing I wish we could come and see you too.
I am so proud of you. Your new house looks fun I had an aunt who lived in Alabama I always enjoyed visiting her. Have two cousins there, one in Montgomery. I am not good at this blog and face thing yet butenjoy reading about your doings. Grandma Jones

Allyson said...

Congrats!! You have had so many fun life experiences! HOW fun to call Alabama yours now, too!!

xoxo

Suzanne said...

Congrats on a great new house! It looks wonderful, hope you all enjoy it. You have such a cute blog Carin, I would love to know your secrets.

Erin said...

Carin I LOVE it! Congrats on the new home. Moving and packing is NO fun so good luck with everything! I can't wait to see more pictures!!

The Traylor's said...

Maybe we should buy the house next door and Jeremy can commute all the way back to Nashville for school. At least I'd KNOW my neighbors wouldn't be pulling out guns!

Congrats. It's GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see how beautiful it is with all of your adorable things inside.