Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Keeping up with Life...

Keeping up just seems almost impossible these days... I make my list every morning, cross everything off, but at the end of the day I'm still wondering where the time went and if I accomplished anything. We have definitely been living LIFE the last month or so...
and have been enjoying every minute of it. :)

I have so much to blog about... to catch up on for the sake of keeping my "family journal" accurate and up to date.

After my Mom and Emily left we enjoyed a week of running around/relaxing/swimming/playing and enjoying our Summer nights... (Rita's gelati's are our favorite way to end a Summer evening... we should seriously think about owning our own franchise. :)

After figuring out and planning all the details for Girls Camp... I ended up not going... Things went well... evidently, my girls were the"rebellious" one's in the Stake. All in fun might I add. (And just between you and me... Our stake is just a little too strict. Midnight s'more runs to the dining hall, toilet paper wars, and scary stories.... Aren't those traditions for any girls' camp???)
Good thing I'm moving, otherwise it just might be embarrassing to be released as camp director after only one year.

The in-law's plus "Aunt Kiss" (as Zenock lovingly calls her) came in the middle of Girls Camp week (23rd-6th). Lots of fun adventures and stories... more to blog later.

Celebrating my sweet husband's 28th Birthday! :)


Life is only about to get crazier...


***


I thought... I would start back with blogging by doing an update on my Zenock.

He is growing like a weed and gets more crazy and busy by the minute. I was greatful to hear that it isn't just my imagination, but both of our parents commented on how "extremely" busy our child is. He doesn't hold still for two seconds. Neither JC or I were quite that busy... we are trying to figure out where he came from.

Being around so many adults this last month has given Zenock quite the vocabulary. It has grown a ton. We can understand most everything he says. (no more jibberish.) He talks in complete sentences and is always coming up with crazy funny things to say... The other night he had this conversation with JC:

Z: "Dad? Can I have a cookie?"

JC: "No Zenock, It's bedtime."

Z: "Dad? Can I have a popsi?"

JC: " No Zenock, You just brushed your teeth"

Z: "Dad? Can I have juice."

JC: "No Zenock."

Z: "But, I want water."


He knows what he wants... and if he can't get it... he knows how to compromise.

Some of the many things he is doing are:

Loves to sing... I am amazed at how many songs he knows. He has a new song everyday. (He gets this from his Dad.) Some of his favorites are: Wheels on the bus, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Pop Goes the Weasel, Twinkle Little Star, Head Shoulders knees & Toes, Handy Manny's "You Break It", and the new favorite... Grandpa's song: Take me out to the Ball Game.
He loves to watch Handy Manny, Mickey Mouse, Toy Story, and Madagascar....
especially, if we will sit by him.

Zenock still climbs up and all over anything and everything. We are constantly pulling him down. A couple of weeks ago, I walked out of the room to find him pouring the wax from a scentsy candle down through the top over the light bulb and all over the counter... (It was up high). He had purple fingers and all. He sure smelled good, but I had to put him in his room to keep him safe from me for awhile... No... I didn't grab the camera, I didn't laugh. It was so not funny. I am laughing now though.


Zenock is Mr independent...
"I'll do it, Mom!" is a new phrase at our house. We are trying to teach him that even grown up have to hold hands when crossing the street.
Some of our other favorite phrases are:
"Aww.. Man!" (Thanks, Aunt Emi.)
"Let's go outside!" (He says this with the biggest grin, like it is the best idea, ever.)
"I heard that Puppy!"
(Usually... there isn't a puppy in sight, just a ploy to get us to go outside to find one.)
"Go Away.." (As he walks in his room and shuts the door.)
The last couple of days he has insisted on yelling at me from the other room, calling me: "CARIN!"

"It's scary!"
(How he knows what scary is, I don't know.) The jacket I have hanging on the back of my closet door is "very scary!") And, this last week he has woke up in the middle of the night shaking, pointing to his door saying, "It's scary!"
"Happy Birthday!" He learned this from Aunt Emi's birthday and when we celebrated JC's Birthday he was so excited to say it again and to have "Birthday Cake!"
Zenock is the friendliest kid around... He is always yelling out to everyone we see...
"HEY, DUDE!"

waving at them and blowing kisses to the girls. He is always making new friends out on the playground and in the swimming pool.

He loves to swim... He very well could be a fish. He is swimming so well by himself (with floaties on). He kicks his legs and loves to put his face in the water and blow bubbles. We spend as much time in the water as we can.
(Oh how we love Summer!)


Zennie still loves to jump, dance, play, and chase the bugs all over the sidewalk.
We are experiencing the "drama" recently of two year old molars.... lovely. At first, I honestly wondered what kind of monster my little boy had turned into. Not so much fun for parents. I felt horrible to realize the pain he was in and that all four are coming in at the same time. Poor Kid. Instead of fighting him to stay in his bed and getting up with him 2-3 times a night. I finally have given in and let him climb in bed with me. I know, I know! We said we would never.
BUT, seriously... I'm a much nicer Mom when I get my sleep. It is so worth it.


We love Bad Hair Days at our house... (Zenock is just greatful he has hair... it took him almost two years to be able to have a bad hair day... :)

I've been watching this cute little girl for the last week and a half. She is perfect. All she does is eat, sleep, and smile. Totally jealous. Zenock STILL doesn't do that. Of course, Zenock absolutely loves having her around and just about mauls her with kisses and hugs all day. He pats her on the back and tells her, "You're so sweet!" or "She's cute!" Zenock of course has to do all the things the baby does as well. He never liked the swing as a baby, but loves it now. He also will climb up and lay down in my arms, let me cuddle him, and say, "I'm a Baby." or "I'm your Baby." He can be my baby forever... I'm so not ready to give it up yet. :)
I'm sure he will be the best big brother one day...

We love our little Zenock and wish sometimes he would just stop growing so we can soak in all the fun times at this age. He is so much fun. He keeps us on the edge of our seat. Honestly... if you want a good excercise program... you can watch my son for a day. :) We love our Zenock so much and would have no idea what to do with out him in our lives right now.
We love you lots Zennie!

***

We are headed to Alabama (home sweet home in less than two months!) this weekend to find our "home!" I'm really not sure if after this week I can wait another month... but, what's another month?? We are soo looking forward to this next chapter and adventure in our lives.
Wish us luck!


5 comments:

Bourgeous said...

Who ever would have guessed that having kids would be a great workout! I love Zenock's phrases. Good luck house hunting.

Trav kris and conley said...

He's the cutest! good luck with the house hunt!

The Traylor's said...

This just reminded me of this time I was driving through the "hills of Tennessee" and probably going a little faster than I should have. Lucas yells from the backseat, "I scaaaaaared!" I about died. It was the first time he'd ever said it, and I was so impressed he used it in the right context.

Heather said...

I love reading your blog Carin and I think it's hilarious that Zenock calls you Carin sometimes. Jace did that for a while and I hated it. It really bothered me so finally I just wouldn't respond unless he called me mom.

Logan and Ryan said...

Hi Carin, I know your husband is a huge Dodgers fan so I thought of you when my husband came home with a box of Manny Ramirez bobbleheads. The Ogden Raptors received some of the bobbleheads and were selling them for $5. My husband is selling them on Ebay but I would be willing to send you one if you want to email me your address. I thought it would make a nice little present for your hubbie. My email address is lkashanipour@yahoo.com.