Tuesday, March 10, 2009

...Winter Weather...


Last Monday (a week ago), we got hit with a HUGE snow storm. (Nothing like Utah just got, but pretty good for Virginia.) We got EIGHT inches of snow! This only happens every so often here and I think this one broke some records. When it snows like that, they shut down school, church, offices, etc. JC was even given a snow day at work. :) Since moving away from Utah most of our snow clothes have disappeared and as for Zenock... he doesn't own any! So while everyone was out playing in the snow and getting REALLY wet and cold. Zenock got to stay inside and enjoy a nice hot bath and a Popsicle!!! (Don't worry, we did let him experience the snow and the cold.) He was so excited when I brought the Popsicle into the bathroom and has since asked for a "Poppy" every time he gets into the tub.

Watermelon (Green) Popsicle's are the best in the tub... why? Because they make the biggest messes and I don't have to clean it up! By the end, we call Zenock our "Green Monster."


A lady who helped in Nursery last week told me that Zenock has the cutest facial expressions and is very animated...??? JC says he gets it from me.... I just don't know if that is necessarily a good thing....


For Example.... This face??? What the........ :)


Popsicles go pretty fast at our house... I have to limit JC and Zenock to only 2-3 a day.


Of course, we always get a good cheese picture when the camera is out.



AND this... this would be the Green Monster. Complete with growling sounds effects, green tongue, and all!

We enjoyed our Winter Weather... but we are definitely glad it is gone!

SPRING is here and we are now enjoying 80 degree weather!!! Woohoo!

5 comments:

Matt and Jenni said...

80 degrees?!! Geez, way to rub it in! ;) Having a popcicle in the tub is one of the COOLEST things I have ever heard of! What a cool mom! I think I might just go do that right now...

Jamie said...

Very smart with the tub and the green popsicles. What a cute little guy!! I can tell he really loves the camera. (Almost as much as he obviously loves popsicles :) )

Lauren Alexis said...

Zenock is getting so big and he's so cute! I want a watermelon "poppy!" So glad to hear that things are going well with y'all in Virginia even though we miss you hear! Love you!

Jill said...

Great Idea!!! I had never thought to have popsicles in the bath! Zenock is such a handsome little boy! I love all the facial expressions:-)

The Traylor's said...

We had 80 degree weather a few days ago and today it's snowing. Tennesse is soooo strange, you just really never know what to expect from one minute to the next. I wish it would just warm up already. (I'm sure in a few months when it's hot and my belly is huge I will regret saying that.)