Wednesday, March 25, 2009

C.I.R.C.U.S. and other adventures...

Will life ever slow down? I seriously have to tell myself to "just breathe" every now and then. JC asks me what I do that is so busy, but seriously... what am I not doing? I am taking care of a two year old that knows how to get into trouble and make a mess the minute I turn my back, errands, phone calls, camp preparing, primary preparing, taking care of a husband, preparing for a Birthday, 5 year Anniversary, family pictures, time with friends, planning for visitors, planning to move, trying to create happy memories for my family, weekend adventures and all the other daily items... I just don't think it is going to get any easier... at least for the next 6-7 months! Holy crap! It is going to be busy! I need to just sit down and breathe... Well, I would, but I don't have time for that. :)

I thought I would have these pictures up at least three days ago... hopefully, you understand. Also, I will warn you, there are LOTS of pictures. :)

...FORD'S THEATRE...

We got tickets a month ago for the new renovated opening of Ford's Theatre. It was a quick self-guided tour of the balcony... but pretty humbling to realize the history that took place here. I know I have said it before, but it makes everything so "REAL" and not just a story in a history book. I apologize that the pictures are dark... I joke with JC that we are going to have to do this all over again when we get a "good" camera. :)


I know you can't really see what is in the specialized, temperature controlled case behind JC, but this is the actual coat Lincoln was wearing when he was shot. (Seriously... amazing.) It was hand made especially for him. There are even blood stains on the collar. (Creepy, I know.)


After Ford's Theatre, we walked a few doors down to the Hard Rock Cafe for a little lunch... to be honest... lunch was not good... However...


The MUSIC was GREAT!!! All of the waiters and waitresses were totally amused by our little Zenock who would not hold still and danced in his chair the ENTIRE time. It was pretty funny.


After lunch, we had some time to waste before the circus started... So we let Zenock run and play with his favorite toy... "random sticks." If he is outside, you better bet he has a stick in his hand. He is SO BOY! We also spent some time in the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History... (one of our favorites!)

***And now... what you have all been waiting for...


....THE CIRCUS....


We wanted to do something special/fun for Zenock's 2nd Birthday. He has been so obsessed with animals for the longest time that we thought the Circus would be the perfect idea. Before the show begins they let you go down and meet all of the performers, take pictures, and watch some of their performances up close.


I think Zenock thought the horse was pretty boring compared to all of the other "fun" stuff going on around us.


Our very own little Circus performer... Zenock got to try on some of the Circus wardrobe.


Zenock and JC watching the elephant paint a picture.


JC and his clown snow cone... he had to have. :)


This is what Zenock looked like the entire show... He was absolutely in awe and would just stare and point and say... "Ohh, Wow, and See that!" He absolutely loved it and hardly took his eyes off of the show... except for when he needed more cotton candy. I think the elephants, tigers, and puppies were his favorite. He was so excited when the animals would come out.


I went to a Circus when I was little and remember thinking it was pretty cool. JC had never been and was really entertained. (I think he might have been making up for lost time.) This was a HUGE Circus and a big production. But it was worth going to. If you haven't been to a Circus, I definitely recommend it. It was awesome!

They had so many different shows, tricks, and acts to keep you entertained. Zenock fell asleep the last ten minutes of the show... he was so exhausted.

After we got home, Zenock entertained us and was being so funny. He kept putting on this clown nose and running around. It was so cute.
I had a huge headache from all the noise, the lights, and not eating good food all day. I was sitting next to Zenock at the table trying to get him to eat and JC was telling me thanks for planning such a great day, (I know... I know... I have a sweet husband!) Zenock turned to me and said, "Yeah, Thanks, Mama!" It was so sweet and made me realize that my headache was totally worth all the pain just to make him happy! I love this little guy and can't believe he is going to be TWO in one week! I might have to make some time to just sit down and cry... Does that require breathing???


After church on Sunday we had a GREAT home cooked Cafe Rio dinner and delicious pina colada's for dessert with friends who were in town visiting... we then went home to relax after our very long, very busy weekend. It was so much fun spending time with my family, but also very exhausting.


The last couple of days Zenock has been so entertained by the few toys we got at the Circus. He hasn't let them out of his sight... (he sleeps with the clown nose.) He came walking into the kitchen the other morning wearing this hat. Again, it was worth it! Hilarious... Maybe one day I will teach him he really doesn't want to grow up to be a clown, but today I'll just let him dream and enjoy...

7 comments:

The Trees said...

How exciting! I've never been, gotta try that with my little family some day. Love that picture of Zenock and the sticks. He's got alot of personality, sooo cute :)

Becky said...

Sounds like you are busy! Doesn't it seem the days that it looks like you get nothing done, you feel the very busiest? I think it is the little kiddos :) The Circus looked fun. I have never been, maybe we should try it out.

The Noble Steeds said...

Sometimes I wish there were 36 hours in a day so I could get some sleep!

Kami said...

Cute pictures. I like the clowns. :) I stole one of Zenock to put on my dad's blog. He gave me permission to make it cute and I thought it would be nice to have their grandkids pictures along the side. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Erin said...

Zennock is lucky to have such a fun mom and dad!! You guys really are always up to something fun!

ps. I LOVE your new header :)

Annie said...

How fun! I haven't ever been to the circus. I always imagined them to be kind of creepy - all those clowns! But, it seriously looked awesome! Oh, and tell JC that the clown nose is a keeper! he should wear it to work one day.

Danielle said...

Ah, one of the best things about being a mom is getting to see the world through a child's eyes, isn't it? I love it.
I love your new Welcome for you blog. Very cute. I was going to say we're planning on visiting at the end of the summer, but after including "planning for visitors" in your list of stress-inducing items, I'm thinking better of it! We'll see. :)