or as we like to call it...
Sweet Home Alabama.
I am probably way more excited for this move than I should be. We found out two weeks ago and it has taken me this long to calm down, soak it in, and really accept it. We knew we were going to be moving there when we moved here, (JC's work is transferring their headquarters there.) We just didn't think it would be this soon. We had originally been told that we wouldn't be moving until January of 2011, but somehow we got lucky and get to go a little sooner. Our new moving date is: September 1, 2009! Wahoo!
There are so many reasons that I am excited to move and I'm sure there are lots of people who think I am absolutely nuts to want to leave where I am right now. But here is why...
1. Alabama and Huntsville have been household names to me my entire life. My Dad served his mission there. I have heard so many stories about this place and I am so excited to return and to have my Dad visit and tell me all the stories again.
2. I LOVE warm weather and being in the South. I don't know what it is, but I'm ADDICTED to it. I absolutely loved living in St. George in college and JC and I are bound and determined that one day we WILL retire there. For now, Alabama will do.
3. I LOVE Southern people... and Southern Accents. The Southern Hospitality is real! People are just too busy here in Virginia to give you the time of day. We talked to a friend in Texarkana the other day and I loved just listening to him talk. IT brought back so many good memories of good times. I think Zenock was born Southern... when he says; Eye, Bye, etc.. he says them with a Southern accent. haha!
4. I LOVE the slow/simplicity of the Southern lifestyle. We loved this lifestyle in Texarkana. Life is FAST-PACED here in Virginia. Too fast-paced and definitely not for me... I'm a small town, country girl... I need my wide open spaces. I need room to breathe. There is NONE of that here in the D.C. Metro area.
5. ( This is my favorite one...) WE get to have a HOME! I have dreamed of this day for 5 years and never thought it would come. FINALLY, There is an end in sight to our apartment living and throwing our money away! Yeah! Ideally, we want to build a home, since we will be there for quite awhile... (at least until JC can transfer his job back to good ol' Utah... one day.) We have already been in contact with a Realtor who works for a builder that built some friends homes' and have the house we want picked out. We are so excited for this! We can't wait to go down in April/May and finalize everything. Everyday, JC finds out something new about Huntsville/Alabama and will call me up or come home so excited to tell me about it!
Maybe I have set my expectations too high about moving to Alabama, but I just have this overwhelming feeling that we are going to love it there. Until then, I guess we need to get our fill of Virginia and take advantage of everything around us. :)
The picture up on top I got from a website that claims it was taken in Huntsville... whether it is true, I don't know... if it is, I WILL Love it. The only thing I'm not looking forward too.... Tornado Season.... :)