Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's About Time!

WE ARE MOVING... again.
Seriously we are moving again. This time we are headed to...

HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA

or as we like to call it...

Sweet Home Alabama.

I am probably way more excited for this move than I should be. We found out two weeks ago and it has taken me this long to calm down, soak it in, and really accept it. We knew we were going to be moving there when we moved here, (JC's work is transferring their headquarters there.) We just didn't think it would be this soon. We had originally been told that we wouldn't be moving until January of 2011, but somehow we got lucky and get to go a little sooner. Our new moving date is: September 1, 2009! Wahoo!

There are so many reasons that I am excited to move and I'm sure there are lots of people who think I am absolutely nuts to want to leave where I am right now. But here is why...

1. Alabama and Huntsville have been household names to me my entire life. My Dad served his mission there. I have heard so many stories about this place and I am so excited to return and to have my Dad visit and tell me all the stories again.

2. I LOVE warm weather and being in the South. I don't know what it is, but I'm ADDICTED to it. I absolutely loved living in St. George in college and JC and I are bound and determined that one day we WILL retire there. For now, Alabama will do.

3. I LOVE Southern people... and Southern Accents. The Southern Hospitality is real! People are just too busy here in Virginia to give you the time of day. We talked to a friend in Texarkana the other day and I loved just listening to him talk. IT brought back so many good memories of good times. I think Zenock was born Southern... when he says; Eye, Bye, etc.. he says them with a Southern accent. haha!

4. I LOVE the slow/simplicity of the Southern lifestyle. We loved this lifestyle in Texarkana. Life is FAST-PACED here in Virginia. Too fast-paced and definitely not for me... I'm a small town, country girl... I need my wide open spaces. I need room to breathe. There is NONE of that here in the D.C. Metro area.

5. ( This is my favorite one...) WE get to have a HOME! I have dreamed of this day for 5 years and never thought it would come. FINALLY, There is an end in sight to our apartment living and throwing our money away! Yeah! Ideally, we want to build a home, since we will be there for quite awhile... (at least until JC can transfer his job back to good ol' Utah... one day.) We have already been in contact with a Realtor who works for a builder that built some friends homes' and have the house we want picked out. We are so excited for this! We can't wait to go down in April/May and finalize everything. Everyday, JC finds out something new about Huntsville/Alabama and will call me up or come home so excited to tell me about it!

Maybe I have set my expectations too high about moving to Alabama, but I just have this overwhelming feeling that we are going to love it there. Until then, I guess we need to get our fill of Virginia and take advantage of everything around us. :)

***

The picture up on top I got from a website that claims it was taken in Huntsville... whether it is true, I don't know... if it is, I WILL Love it. The only thing I'm not looking forward too.... Tornado Season.... :)

12 comments:

Ryan Reeder said...

Carin! Congratulations on being excited! I guess that means I've got until the end of the summer to try to figure out a way to visit you!

And, speaking of excited, can I just say how excited I was to read the fourth word of the fourth sentence of number four! I love you!

Matt and Jenni said...

Oh my GOSH! I was just getting used to the idea of you guys being in Virginia....Glad you're so excited though! I know what you mean about southern hospitality being real. When I went to the Carolina's, I was floored. I thought people were only like that in the movies! Good luck with all the plans before hand!

marnie said...

Congratulations! I'm happy you are so happy!

Brittney said...

I am so excited for you and let's face it TOTALLY jealous of your life!!! I have always wanted to travel and experience different lifestyles. For now I get to experience Tremonton. You keep getting your fill and blog like crazy for me!!!

Tatiana said...

Yeah! I'm seriously so jealous! I'm calling Rob right now to tell him and seriously {not that I haven't wanted to before} we might consider coming for a visit. Rob served in Georgia and parts of Alabama, so it might be a little bit more appealing to him. On another note, my feet and ankles are swelling, and I hate it!

Annie said...

HOLY CRAP! That is CRAZY but wonderful! I am so happy for you guys! AND - you get to buy a house! You will love owning and decorating your own place. When you were listing all the reasons of why you were excited to move to Alabama, it kind of made me want to move there! I can't wait to hear your southern accent!

*karen* said...

That is exciting! I am jealous! You get to see and experience all this new places! It's like a way long long vacation...kinda. So, what does your hubby do? Is he in the military? Since I got in the blog thing...all i know is that you live far away and that you move alot! We have thought about moving away from Utah, but in the end....we are scared. Maybe one day! Good luck in the moving!

Heidi said...

I grew up in SE Alabama. Tornado season is no worse then it was here in Texarkana (I still laugh at you guys' stories... LOL!). I am so excited for you guys!! It is fun to have your own home... unless it's not done, and then you have to live in a mess for 3+ years... LOL!!! Congrats! I was hoping it was going to say "#2 on the way!"

Jamie said...

That is way fun news to hear...Tod and I really liked Alabama when we visited there last year. Maybe some time we will join you there!

Logan and Ryan said...

Did you just finish unpacking? That's really exciting my husband spent 5 week and I was there for 3 weeks in Montgomery, AL this last summer. My favorite part was a BBQ place called Jim and Nick's they are all over down there and I still crave their cornbread muffins. I'm glad that you get to have a house too, that is really exciting. Congrats!

Davis, Linda, and Gavin said...

Sad to see you go! VA is a lot different when you get away from the DC area. Life's a little slower down here and warmer. We don't get any snow in Richmond. Good luck finding/building a house!

The Traylor's said...

Huntsville is only about two hours from us! We'll for sure have to get toghether. I want to take Lucas the space center there.