* I love that he copies everything we do. If I am cooking, cleaning, or watching a show, he needs to be doing the same thing. He is such a great little helper except when he wants to copy me when I'm on the computer and won't leave me alone... (this would explain the lack of blogging). When JC or I go near the computer he is doing pull-ups on the table trying to see what we are doing or pushing/pulling us with all his strength away from the computer.
* He loves to be just like us. When we put shoes on, he needs to have his shoes on. When we put a sweater on, he needs to get his on. When Daddy leaves for work, he needs to leave.... I love it when he wakes up AFTER JC leaves for work.
* Zenock loves to dance. Every day we get to have a "Dance Party" with Zenock. He tells us where to stand and we just follow his moves. He's got some great moves! It's pretty entertaining as well as very exhausting.
* Zenock loves laying under the Christmas tree when the lights are on. He loves it even more when we will lay by him. It is so fun when he grabs our hand and pulls us over to the trees and lays down with his arms around us and looks up and says, "Wow, wow!" Christmas really is so much more fun with kids! We are so excited for Santa to come visit! Our count of broken Christmas decorations is 3+.... so far. I have no idea how many times a day I say...
"Just Look, DON'T touch!"
* Zenock has had quite a few ear infections since he turned one. We really don't want to get tubes put in his ears, so we have been taking him once a week to the Chiropractor that JC has been going to for his headaches. (That's a blog story on its own.) Zenock has his OWN little language and only JC and I really understand what he is saying. Doctors have said that Zenock may not be hearing the words correctly, because of the fluid in his ears. Which then results in his own language... (a lot of mushed up words.) The Chiropractor is so good with Zenock and I really feel like he has been helping. Since we have been going, Zenock has all sorts of new words and sounds. In the last week he has learned:
Show, Shoe, Sock, Shirt, Sheep, Eye, (which he says with a southern accent??)Pig, and is even trying to say his own name. He can say/do all of his animal sounds and if there is one he doesn't know, it only takes about a day for him to learn it.
The Chiropractor also has a BIG golden retriever in his office that Zenock absolutely loves. Everytime we go there and he sees this Dog he runs over to the office area (where it is kept) and just about jumps the fence saying, "wwooo, wooo, wooo, wooo." (Which is what the puppies say... of course.)
*Last, but definately not least... Our little Zenock has decided he doesn't need his crib anymore. He can climb out of it faster than it takes to put him in and when he's mad he is out within TWO seconds flat. This is REALLY bad for naps and bedtime, but GREAT for sleeping in. I love when he walks into our room in the morning and comes over to the side of the bed and whispers... "Momma, ahlljstdwt." It makes getting out of my comfy bed, so worth it. :)
Don't you love that he has to lift his foot as high as his head to get out. He is such a monkey!