Monday, December 29, 2008

*Christmas 2008*

Our Christmas was very enjoyable! I have spent the last three days catching up from the pure exhaustion of all the pre-Christmas day activities.
I have never been a baker... never liked to bake... but, when you crave that home cooked Christmas Eve meal just like Mom's, there really isn't much you can do except bake it yourself! So that's what I did... I spent all day Tuesday cleaning my house and baking treats for neighbors and the ladies I visit teach. I then spent ALL DAY Wednesday baking OUR Christmas Eve Dinner. I made: homemade rolls, raspberry jello salad, sweet potato souffle, creamed corn, scalloped potatos, AND honey baked ham. It turned out so yummy and was well worth the time and effort... (although, I think next year I will plan on going home and "helping" my mom with dinner:) We had the missionaries over for Christmas Eve dinner and then watched a Christmas movie and were able to sit around and visit. It was great sharing the evening with them, hearing "their" Christmas message, and having their spirit in our home. Zenock was able to open one present (jammies) and then we sent him off to bed, so Santa could come visit! JC and I were so excited for Zenock. We knew his reactions on Christmas morning were going to be priceless... and they definately were.

Santa definately found our house...
Zenock got just a little spoiled:)
We have really got to find us a "real" house. Our tiny apartment just doesn't fit us anymore. I don't know if we can fit another Christmas or Birthday into Zenock's room. Maybe by next Christmas Santa can bring us a house!:)

Zenock and his new "vroom, vroom." He loves it, hasn't quite figured out how to peddle, and asks for rides ALL day long.


He also loves his new Basketball Hoop... (so does his daddy...). Zenock will pick up the ball and run over under the basket and yell, "Throw, Throw." He is still learning how to throw the ball up in the air to make a basket.



Our little Zenock was a PRO at opening and tearing into the gifts. We loved his little, "Wow, wow's" after opening every gift, even the clothes!




We thought it would take us hours to open presents, but with his energy and speed we were done in about an hour!



Zenock was so excited to open his "NEMO" coloring book. He loves fishes. This is him showing me what the fishy does.



ALL the goods... We now have to organize and find somewhere to put all of it. (My favorite part:)
After opening presents, my family has the tradition of having a BIG Christmas breakfast. No Christmas would be complete without it! Blueberry muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage, AND homemade Eggnogg... LOVE it. (The store bought stuff is just gross.)
After breakfast we all took a nap, got ready, and went to our friends the Cooks house where we ate some more good food, played their new Wii, visited, and had a great time!


This picture is "just" a little dark, but Friday night we decided to head to the Washington D.C. Temple for the Festival of Lights. It is no Salt Lake Temple Square, but I was amazed at how packed it was. They have a live nativity and live musical performances every night during December. It was so fun to spend the evening walking around. I felt just a little bit closer to home.
I hate that the Holidays are almost over. We are still trying to recover from all the fun we have had. It was a great, relaxing, enjoyable, unforgettable Christmas! We are so excited for the New Year and all the adventures that await us!!!

9 comments:

Erin said...

Wow...Santa did find your house for sure! Looks like Zennock had such a fun Christmas morning. And I have to say I am very impressed with your Chriatmas Eve dinner menu! I am a horrible cook and I am not so sure what I would do if I had to cook such a meal! Sounds like you had lots of fun memories!!

Matt and Jenni said...

How fun! I totally can't wait to have Christmases like that! Kids just make the holidays so much more fun!

Logan & Ryan said...

You are so brave to take on such a big Christmas Eve dinner and THEN a Christmas breakfast. Santa must have thought Zenock was a good boy this year.

Tatiana said...

Look at you go all "Carma Reeder" on us {get it, like Martha Stewart..anyways} I'm so proud of you for taking on a Christmas dinner. Seriously, it scares me, so way to go. Glad that you guys had a good Christmas. Couldn't help but notice JC's William and Mary sweatshirt. I've totally been there! Beautiful! Also, I will have you know Rob took me to Ikea for the first time today and holy cow, can we say LOVE! Honestly though, I don't know if he'll come back to often with me, he didn't mind it but I think you and I would have a more enjoyable time. Happy New Year!

Tatiana said...

Look at you go all "Carma Reeder" on us {get it, like Martha Stewart..anyways} I'm so proud of you for taking on a Christmas dinner. Seriously, it scares me, so way to go. Glad that you guys had a good Christmas. Couldn't help but notice JC's William and Mary sweatshirt. I've totally been there! Beautiful! Also, I will have you know Rob took me to Ikea for the first time today and holy cow, can we say LOVE! Honestly though, I don't know if he'll come back to often with me, he didn't mind it but I think you and I would have a more enjoyable time. Happy New Year!

Tatiana said...

Look at you go all "Carma Reeder" on us {get it, like Martha Stewart..anyways} I'm so proud of you for taking on a Christmas dinner. Seriously, it scares me, so way to go. Glad that you guys had a good Christmas. Couldn't help but notice JC's William and Mary sweatshirt. I've totally been there! Beautiful! Also, I will have you know Rob took me to Ikea for the first time today and holy cow, can we say LOVE! Honestly though, I don't know if he'll come back to often with me, he didn't mind it but I think you and I would have a more enjoyable time. Happy New Year!

The Trees said...

Christmas is so fun with little kids. Glad your dinner turned out so good. Now you get to enoy lots of leftovers :) Your family Christmas picture is so cute!

The Traylor's said...

And I thought Lucas was spoiled this year. J/K. That's the fun of Christmas. I wonder if we'll spoil them less when we have more than one?

Kristin Bishop said...

WOW! Your house looks kinda like ours did:) It was so much fun this year wasn't it? I loved christmas this year....the boys are at the perfect age. I am very proud of you...making christmas dinner and creating such a special christmas with your own little family. I flew home every christmas because I couldn't face it without my mother and her cooking:)


are you planning to visit in the summer?