Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sick, Tired, and a Little Old Town...

JC called me from work this morning and told me that I hadn't updated the blog in two weeks... I needed to get it done. (That's a first!) Here it is!
We have had quite the "Rough" week. We went into DC one evening and I left my phone on the metro... (What is with the dishonesty of people! It has got to be pretty easy finding the owner of a lost phone, right?!) I was playing with Zenock and in such a hurry to get off that I forgot to check to make sure I got everything. VERY frustrating! So for those of you who I call/text/check in with on a regular basis... I need your number... again! Sorry! (This is the 2nd phone I have lost in the past year... I know, I know. Trust me, JC has given me all the lines.) Anyhow, just e-mail it to me: carinlarson@hotmail.com.
THANK YOU!
***
As for the rest of the week, I noticed Zenock refusing to eat one night and thought... "Oh great!, a cold from being out the night before." He proceeded to get more tired and cuddly than usual and then he started to get really hot... BURNING hot... ok, 103 degree temperature HOT! I gave him medicine, stayed up with him all night while he threw up all over me, and just rocked him. I felt so bad for our little guy. The next day, we took him to the Urgent Care where they told us he had a DOUBLE ear infection! Along, with the ear infections he had a sore throat! Holy Crap! How are you supposed to diagnose that... He has different symptoms every time he has an ear infection. They gave him an anti-biotic and sent us home. It has worked great for the pain and I am so glad that he is feeling better, but I wish they could give us something for the angry, dramatic tantrums that have resulted. Which are just so much fun!

This was the day Zenock wouldn't eat... I went out of the kitchen for two seconds and came back to find him like this. I love pictures like this... I seem to have a lot of them. :)


Zenock wanted so much to just play while he was sick. He would play for a minute and then want me or JC to hold him. We did finally find something that did entertain him... We got his diaper box and tied a string to it and pulled him all over the house. The little guy loved it. :) (Notice his toothbrush... he takes it everywhere. It's not the one we actually use, but don't worry.. we are on the weekly replacement plan.)


I had to show you a picture of what was inside the box...

Toothbrush.... check!
Blanket... check!
Stuffed Animal... check!
3 Cups each full of something different (milk, juice, and pedialyte) ... check!

He wouldn't eat... so I was at the point of giving him anything he wanted and making him drink ANY type of fluids.



And this... Is what happens when you get really bored while staying at home with a sick child. :) Just a reminder to my wonderful husband who took a day off to help with Zenock.... I broke the record! HA!
(Yeah, I know. We are dorks.)

***



By Saturday, we just had to get out of the house! We headed for Old Town Alexandria... My NEW favorite place in the entire world! For all of my friends out there thinking of coming to visit... let me seal the deal. Just think 10 blocks (or more) of cute boutique shops, outlet stores, cafes, bistros, etc. all located on an old fashioned, nostalgic small brick street. And THEN, think of it all decorated for Fall and Christmas! LOVE IT! Seriously, I could spend hours there. I need a shopping partner to come with me and spend at least TEN (or more) hours browsing all the stores. :) Any takers??? JC really liked it too, but I don't think he or Zenock appreciated their surroundings as much as I did. Oh and did I mention it is right next to the Potomac River... I LOVED IT! And, I can't wait to go back!



The Boardwalk... I just love the old people that come to sit and watch everyone else.



JC's expression makes me laugh. As much as I loved this place, I didn't love how my little boy was acting... he was just as excited to be outside as we were, but his excitement meant him getting into trouble.

I love this picture... after putting Zenock down to run around, he climbed up next to JC and just sat there. We knew he still wasn't feeling well, so we cut our visit short and headed home.

8 comments:

Matt and Jenni said...

that last picture is so cute. Love it!

The Traylor's said...

Isn't being thrown up on in the middle of the night just about the ultimate sacrifice!

We went through this (minus the double ear infection thank goodness) about two weeks ago.

I hope he's feeling better by now!

The Reeder's said...

Carin, It is nice to see your children get "pay back time" with our sweet grandchildren. I am so excited to come see you. This will definitely be on the list. I am going to have to stay a month!!Love, Mom

Anderson Photography said...

If we had money I would come visit you! That little town looks like so much fun!
Sorry to hear about the ear infections! They are never fun! Olivia had constant ear infections when she was a baby, she basically lived on motrin and antibiotics until the age of 2. It is so sad when you can do nothing for the poor little guys!!
By the way, I am loving where you are living! What an adventure!!

Bourgeous said...

Sorry to hear the you have had to deal with a sick boy. I think that frustrated, concern and exhaustion are good words to describe that ordeal. You have amazing pictures and I can't believe that you live in a place that has so many trees! I am pretty jealous.

kelly said...

Please remember the shopping place when I come out there. I'm happy to spend ten hours wandering through stores. Especially if at the same time I can leave Malia with JC and snicker all day about the insanity that must be occurring. Hope Zen is feeling lots better! Ear infections are the worst.

Logan & Ryan said...

Old town Alexandria sounds like such a fun place to visit. I also love the fall pictures below.

Baird Family said...

Ben and I also have an ongoing contest involing stacking Trevor's blocks! I too am winning.
I'm sorry you had a rough week. There are few things in the world worse than sick kids.