Sunday, November 2, 2008

Moments like these...

I love being a mom and a wife... I love the moments when you realize just how blessed you are and how perfect your life is... (no matter what kind of trial may be going on in it.) I love having a husband that I can count on and no matter what I do or what crazy thought I have I know he will be there for me, support me, and love me! I have the cutest little boy who has me wrapped around his finger. He is always grabbing my hand and taking me wherever he wants to go, giving me lots of hugs and kisses, and of course throwing the occasional full blown tantrum in the middle of the grocery store. I love how smart he is and how much he teaches me every day... I love that every morning we get his blanket, giraffe, and milk and cuddle up and watch his show. I love being a mom and wife...

And I love Moments like these...

Being able to rock Zenock to sleep every night is my very favorite thing. I love that he still lets me. So many special moments have happened during this time. It is just a peaceful time to relax from the long day and to think about everything good in my life... love it.

***

Zenock had his 18 mth check up this past week... He is in the 25th percentile for his weight and the 75th percentile for his height! He is getting and growing so big, WAY too fast! The other morning I was laying in bed enjoying the last few moments of peace and sleep for the day. JC was already gone and I was waiting for Zenock to get up. I hadn't heard a noise from Zenock's room... after a few minutes I suddenly heard this cute little voice right outside my door! I flew out of bed and there Zenock was. Yes, that's right... It's official! He knows how to climb out of his crib! (Ahhh! I mean Yeah!) I checked every single part of him to make sure there were no bruises or marks and made him walk around the room to make sure he actually could! He wasn't hurt at all! (I still don't know how he did it... he hasn't done it since.)
***

At 19 mths, Zenock can say lots of words (if you can understand them:). He is always talking. He is learning lots of animal sounds and yesterday learned that the fishies go "swim, swim, swim." He tries to say it and does the actions of fishies swimming. (puts his hands together and moves them back and forth.) It is really cute.

I got to watch a couple of cute little boys while their mom went on a field trip with their older brother... They loved playing in Zenock's room and making messes and I loved watching them make the messes! It was so cute to see them laughing and playing together.
***
Zenock has also learned he loves to take showers! He would cry so hard the first couple of times he took them and now he begs for them and cries if I start to fill the bathtub up.

He just stands under the water and makes lots of cute faces...


It is so funny to watch him... I have some very funny videos!

***

Zenock loves his Giraffe "TipTop" and I was so excited when we got this Giraffe blanket from my cousin's website. It is so cute and very soft. When I gave it to him he just ran around the house cuddling up with it. This is how I found him about a half hour later. I love this cute cuddly boy!


6 comments:

Field PTO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

I'm so glad he likes his blanket. It's one of my favorites too!

Erin said...

What a sweet post about your little cuddly boy. I love reading what you write about Zenock because I always feel like I'm reading about the same exact things Bryson is doing. Someday we really need to get our little guys together. I'm sure they would be best of buds for sure!

The Traylor's said...

I just updated my blog, and now that I'm reading yours I'm thinking we have a LOT in common. Right down to the size of our boys! Too funny. That first shower picture is to die for. Love it love it love it. What a sweet heart. I really wished we lived closer, I'm sure they'd have so much fun together.

Trent, Heather & Briggs said...

I can't believe Zenock lets you rock him to sleep. Briggs is totally the opposite, he barely lets us even hold him for longer than it takes to give "loves" and kisses. I'm totally jealous!
I'm not looking forward to Briggs big haircut, we've trimmed his but it need so be cut really bad it's out of control. You're very brave to let your hubby do it, I know Trent would use the shortest attachment on purpose even though he loves the long hair to. He looks cute and all grown up.

Tanya said...

I love the all of the pictures--he is so cute! But I would have to agree with you all of the small things that they do are let you do-like rocking them to sleep-makes your day the best! I love being a mom!