Saturday, October 18, 2008

Our Week and The BEST cookies EVER!

This week has just FLOWN by. It seems like we didn't slow down for a minute. Even the time we did spend at home has been filled with something to do....
Here are some things we have done...

We are teaching Zenock early all about computers and how to check out his friends blogs... He loves to get on and check in on his cousins and friends. :)

Wednesday we had playgroup with our ward... We first had an excercise group at the church and then we went to the library for story time and ended with playing and pizza at the park. I love mornings like this. When we finally do get home, Zenock just crashes and has the BEST naps!
***
Thursday we spent the day at home catching up from the past week, cleaning, organizing, and other little things. After Zenock's nap, I decided to let him help me make cookies... (or just eat cookie dough.) I have never liked pumpkin anything... ever. When I was pregnant, I would walk across the parking lot from where I worked to Great Harvest Bread Store every day and get a slice of bread and hot chocolate. For some reason, I got a craving to try their pumpkin bread and I'm SO glad I did! I now can't get enough of it. My mom sent me a great Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookie recipe last year at this time and I have been so excited to make them again. They are the best and so easy!
1 spice cake mix
1 15 oz. can pumpkin (not the pie filling)
1 bag chocolate chips
Mix Together and Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes!
SO GOOD! We love them!

Zenock loved being able to eat the cookie dough... He kept wanting more and more... Can you see where this is going? When you give a little boy a cookie...

After, he would finish a spoon full, he would clap and point to the bowl for more.


I gave in...


This is the "Yeah, Mom, Success!" clap. They turned out great!

***

One night I went in to check on Zenock and found him cuddled up with his giraffe like this.... (I honestly didn't pose this.) Seriously, I just wanted to pick him up and just cuddle them both. This is his favorite toy. We don't go too far without "Tip Top."

1 comment:

Hardy said...

I LOVE Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I think they are my FAVORITE because they are so most and I love PUMPKIN!!