Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Oktober Fest

We thoroughly enjoyed watching conference and being uplifted this past weekend. I love all the reminders of how I need to work on "me" and becoming the person I want to be. There are so many ways that I can learn and grow. I love listening to those who speak and how they just seem to have the perfect thing to say to me. They definately inspired me to become better. On a side note... Did anyone catch the comment by one of the twelve in their talks (I knew I should have written it down), something like, giving service to those around you and how it doesn't need to be a big thing, it can be a small letter to a friend or a nice comment on a blog.... I just had to laugh. I told JC he can't get mad at me for "blogging" anymore. I was told to do it. :)
Saturday before conference, (it doesn't start until noon here) we headed out to Oktober Fest. It is put on by JC's work and unlike the REAL Oktober Fest in Germany, it was a family oriented festival. I love that they have a festival to celebrate my favorite month in the year.
On our way we stumbled across "Pohick Church." They were having their annual "country fair." This is the church where George Washington and George Mason attended.

Inside the church

The graveyard outback... A little creepy looking.

***

Oktober Fest

They had lots of rides at Oktober Fest, so JC and I took turns taking Zenock. Of course he loved them and cried everytime we took him off a ride. I think the carousel was his favorite. He would never look at JC for a picture as we would go past.

JC and Zenock on the Big Bear...


I think JC and I both learned we are getting older... we were both so sick after going on all these rides that just went in circles!

The German Band.... Zenock loved the loud polka music and kept trying to dance in his stroller, so...

We let him out to dance with all the other kids! He loved it! It is so funny to watch him and the crazy things he does. We sure love being his parents! Oktober Fest was a lot of fun and we can't wait to go back next year!

***

My crazy little boy is also so demanding lately. He has learned to turn on the tv when he wants to watch his "show" and will come and grab my hand and pull me over to the tv to finish turning it on. His show is "The Baby Einstein, Baby Noah" and he absolutely loves it. (Thanks again Kelly!) It is the only thing he will watch and he would watch it all day long if I let him. It is the first thing he does when he wakes up. I tried to put a NEW show on for him yesterday and he threw the biggest fit and got so mad at me.... I probably won't do that again. You can also see his HUGE bruise on his forehead in this picture. He ran out of the bathroom Monday night after his bath and slipped before I could grab him and hit his head. I feel so bad for my little guy everytime I look at him. At the moment, I will give him whatever he wants! :)

10 comments:

Michael . Heidi . Mason said...

Carin- Zenock looks so much bigger! Crazy! What a handsome guy! Really- I think he has grown six inches since we saw him... We miss you guys! We have an empty lot one house down from us... hmmm!

Brittney said...

I must have missed that comment in conference. I love that someone said it though!!!

Amy W said...

You are so adorable! I love your blog, and I must confess I have read it without askin! Haha - I added you to my friends. I hope you are doing great! Darling fam :)

Matt Jordan Tenesey said...

How cute are the pictures of OKtoberfest!

Matt Jordan Tenesey said...

I hope you saw my blog, I am having an usborne book party sat if you want to go let me know and I will give you info if you want new Christmas books for gifts and can't come I can send you a link to order from!

Ryan Reeder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan Reeder said...

It was Elder Hales on Sunday morning (link) The link is to a page of all addresses; transcripts of all talks aren't up yet, but they'll probably be up by the time you check this.

Also, if you liked that, you should read Elder Ballard's December 2007 BYU-Hawaii commencement address, which was abridged and reprinted in the July 2008 Ensign (link). Among other things, he said:

"May I ask that you join the conversation by participating on the Internet, particularly the New Media, to share the gospel and to explain in simple, clear terms the message of the Restoration. Most of you already know that if you have access to the Internet you can start a blog in minutes and begin sharing what you know to be true."

That talk was actually what got me started on some of my own projects.

So, yeah, don't let J.C. get mad at you for blogging. I appreciate and enjoy reading and seeing about you and your family. Keep up the good work!

P.S. October is your favorite month? See, I would have never known that if you didn't blog.

P.P.S. When you talk about Zenock dancing to polka music, am I the only one hearing this in my head?

Of course, that may be more appropriate for February than for October.

Ryan Reeder said...

Sorry, I've got to give you one more link.

galadriel said...

You are closer and closer to a bit of freedom. It was around age two that Malia figured out how to run the DVD player.

The only problem with that bit of freedom is that it comes with random 3 in the morning viewings of Barbie. Well, maybe not Barbie for you. =)

The Traylor's said...

He's so cute! That bruise looks awful. Ahh the joys of raising a little boy! Lucas did the exact same thing a few weeks back only he hit his eye brow...I'm sure it hurt, but at least it was somewhat camoflauged.