Thursday, September 18, 2008

Randomness and Our new Home!

Do you ever have a day when you feel relaxed and content? It might just be my obsession with Fall and the fact that the weather is perfect around me, (or maybe it's because Zenock is taking a nap), but it feels like everything around me is perfect too. I can't help but look at my life right now and feel completely blessed. When Zenock was born our lives were turned upside down and we had no idea what we were doing or what was going to happen with our future. BUT, since then it feels like things have fallen perfectly into place. I feel so blessed to have such a sweet little boy who gives me loves all day long and a wonderful husband who loves me and supports and encourages all of my crazy ideas and thoughts. I'll be the first to admit it is not always like this, tough times could be around the corner - (definitely considering that I just spent $4.99 on a gallon of milk, $3.29 on a dozen eggs, and $1.79 on a can of cream of chicken soup!!! Cutting coupons and scoping out ads for the 15 different grocery stores in my area is my new hobby.) But anytime I can feel this relaxed and happy, I'll take it! It's a great day....
Some of the random things my "sweet" little boy is doing:
I walked into Zenock's room yesterday and he was sitting in his book basket with his arm around his bear, a book in his lap, pointing to the book saying, "Do you see that." It was a priceless "mommy" moment knowing that he is going to be a great big brother someday, but before I could grab the camera it was over.
A few minutes later, I walked back into his room to check on him and learned that I can't let him run around in just a diaper anymore.... he somehow learned how to take it off! There he was standing in front of his window for all to see playing with his busy ball popper toy.... I cried I laughed so hard.
I like to growl at my son... well he has started growling back and will even say "mama" in a growl voice. Well, we were sitting in church and during the sacrament he started saying it really loud, over and over.... yeah, we laughed.... and then he laughed. Not a good idea. Pretty sure we are now outcasts in our new ward for disrupting the reverence and peace.
Zenock's first full sentence: "Do you see that." It was just "See that," but he has now added the DO. His vocabulary is getting bigger everyday... he is trying so hard to say words and sentences. While watching his show today, he pointed to the cat and said "kittycat."
You can't help but love this kid!
AFTER many requests by my mom and sister here are some pictures of our new home.

We are on the Second Floor.... it's not too bad, after always being the top floor residents.
The view from our deck. I love the area we live, it is so pretty! There are tons of townhomes and lots of jogging trails, sidewalks, and parks for me to take Zenock on walks too.

Another view...

Kitchen/Hallway... (and yes, I've already decorated for Halloween. I love holidays.)
Kitchen

Dining Room


Family Room

Family Room


Master Bedroom

Zenock's Bathroom/Guest Bathroom

I left out the master bath as well as Zenock's room. I'm not sure if I like how Z's room turned out as well as he is asleep and I didn't want to wake him taking pictures.

This is our new Home..... Visitors are welcome!

9 comments:

Michael . Heidi . Mason said...

Carin- I LoVe it! So cute! Are there fun craft stores down there?

Erin said...

Cute house! I have been wanting the shower curtain you have for like 6 months, no lie! I love that curtain. Also if you have been doing couponing stuff and there is CVS store in Virginia you need to look at the website moneysavingmom.com. She posts tons of deals from stores all over the place but her main place to shop is at CVS and Walgreens. We don't have CVS in utah and I'm totally bummed out but a ton of girls shop at CVS and get A TON of things for free or make money on the items. So take a look at it. Also what part of Virginia are you living in. We have been looking into graduate school and I would love to live in Virginia if I can convince myself to leave utah and spend more money on school.

Good luck with everything.

Erin

Amy Reeder said...

Carin the house looks great!! I love how you have decorated it you are so amazing! Zenock is getting so big! He sounds like Wyatt saying mama what's dat mama what's dat? And he also says I go out and repeats it about a thousand times!! Kids you gotta love it right! Well I am glad that things are going well for you and your cute little family!

Kami said...

Hey Carin! The house looks so good. It is way cute! JC did such a good job at decorating. I am proud. :) I am glad to hear that visitors are welcome. I am trying to convince Chris that we need to take a trip out there. Wish me luck!

Baird Family said...

Your house looks so cute! Great decorating ideas. I love your shower curtain and happen to be in the market for one...where'd you get it?

The Traylor's said...

Your place is beautiful. Ours is so ugly...has a great view, but it's ugly. I guess it's a good thing that it's the inside that makes it a home. (or at least that's what I try to tell myself)

Sounds like Zenock is tons of fun. Isn't it just the best being the mother of a little boy!?

The Johnsons said...

Cute new house! You are such a cute decorator! I love it! I am glad that you are loving your new place and the new area. :) It's always better when you like it! :)

Robert & Tatiana said...

Hey! So glad you're getting settled in. I love halloween too, so my decor is up as well. Don't worry. I also love your shower curtain! Super cute circles! What is Zenock going to be for Halloween? Maybe something that growls? BTW, I know it's probably not as fun for the parents, but we love it when kids in our ward act out! I guess I'll probably be rethinking that when my turn comes around. :)

Horner Family said...

Your house is so cute! I'm so close I need to come see it in person. :-) Looks like you guys have been having some fun adventures downtown, isn't it a great place to live? I've been meaning to call you and when I tried last night for some reason I didn't have your phone number saved...grrr. There is a consignment sale this Saturday that I'm going to and wanted to see if you are interested in going with. Let me know!